South Ocean Boulevard next to President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club will close Friday until further notice, Palm Beach said in an alert sent Thursday morning. The announcement follows the Federal Aviation Administration's issuance earlier this week of temporary flight restrictions over Palm Beach, a strong indication that Trump is poised to make his second visit to Palm Beach since his return to the White House. According to the FAA notice issued Tuesday , Trump is expected to arrive in Palm Beach County after 4:45 p.m. Friday and depart before 5:30 p.m. Sunday to head to Louisiana for the Super Bowl. South Ocean Boulevard will be closed from the Southern Boulevard traffic circle north to the intersection with South County Road, the town said. While Palm Beach did not include a specific time for the road closure to begin, the town typically sends the alert about 24 hours before the road is expected to shut down. Those who live, work and are visiting homes within the closure area will be allowed in after providing identification, and they can enter and exit only through the north security checkpoint at South County Road, officials have said. With the Super Bowl this Sunday, it was expected that Trump would visit Palm Beach County to attend the annual Super Bowl party at his Trump International Golf Club in suburban West Palm Beach. However, news agencies reported Tuesday morning that Trump will attend the big game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles in New Orleans, Louisiana. When Trump arrives Friday evening, he will attend a private dinner at Mar-a-Lago with Republican senators, who are in town for the National Republican Senatorial Committee's Annual Winter Meeting, ABC News reported Tuesday . Also this weekend, Fox News chief political anchor Bret Baier will interview Trump at Mar-a-Lago, Fox News announced Monday . Part of that interview will air during the Super Bowl pregame show at 3 p.m. Sunday, and more from the sit-down with Trump will air during Baier's "Special Report" series on Fox News on Feb. 10, the network said. South Ocean Boulevard next to Mar-a-Lago first closed July 20 as part of increased security measures ordered by the U.S. Secret Service following the July 13 assassination attempt on Trump. Officials initially said the road would be closed 24 hours a day through at least the Nov. 5 election, but the town, Secret Service, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and Mar-a-Lago Club on Aug. 19 announced they reached an agreement to open the road when Trump is not home. That agreement remains in place, and the road closes when Trump is at Mar-a-Lago, then lifts when he leaves for a long enough period of time that it makes logistical sense to remove and replace the concrete barricades, traffic cones and electronic signs that go along with the closure, law enforcement sources have told the Daily News. When Trump returns, bridge schedules also are adjusted as part of temporary security zones announced late last year by the U.S. Coast Guard around Mar-a-Lago.
CONTINUE READING