For just over a month, the fields at Burnside Farms will be brimming with beautiful sunflowers. Come out for some family fun on the farm!
This Nokesville, Virginia, farm is well-known for putting together a great flower festival. Their summer production features endless fields of cheerful sunflowers, sown in staggered batches for weeks of blooms.
WHEN: Mid-July to late August | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, weather permitting
WHERE: Burnside Farms | 11008 Kettle Run Road | Nokesville, VA
ADMISSION: $8 per person | FREE for children aged 2 and under
PARKING: FREE parking in a grassy field
In addition to the incredible photo opportunities, you will enjoy exploring the farm and meeting some of their animals. There is no sunflower maze for 2019, but trails will be created for magical sunflower strolls. Pick your own sunflowers for just $1.50 each stem, regardless of the number of blooms per stem. That's quite a deal, considering how fresh the flowers will be! In addition to the sunflowers, there may be other types of flowers like gladioli or cosmos available for picking on the day you visit.
Know Before You Go
- You will do quite a bit of walking to get from the parking area to the sunflower fields. There are benches scattered around, so take your time.
- Dress for the hot summer temperatures! Sunhats, umbrellas, light-colored, flowy clothing, and plenty of sunscreen are all great ideas.
- There will be some local products for sale, but feel free to bring your own bottled water to stay hydrated.
- Make sure you use the Nokesville address for your GPS – there is a Haymarket location of Burnside Farms as well.
- Check the Facebook page before you head out to make sure there isn't an unexpected closure or restricted hours due to weather.
For more information, or to see the most updated information for the upcoming week, visit the Burnside Farms Facebook page.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of Burnside Farms.
Will you be checking out a sunflower festival this year? Which farms do you prefer? Let us know in the comments!