It's almost Halloween time, and Denver’s favorite and scariest haunted house is back in business!
Despite COVID-19, fright lovers and horror enthusiasts can rest assured that they can still be scared half to death this year, courtesy of the 13th Floor Haunted House. Known as one of Denver’s premier haunted houses, the 13th Floor always delivers a high level of fright.
When: Opens Saturday, September 13
Where: 3400 E. 52nd Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
Price: Starting at $19 for General Admission
13th Floor Entertainment Group puts on the haunted house, which runs 15 haunted houses and attractions around the country, including the one here in Denver. The multi-floor attraction runs on fear and utilizes live actors who pop out from various locations in the haunt, their purpose to scare the inner child out of anyone who enters.
The haunted house will open on the weekends starting Saturday, September 12, and will offer more shows on weeknights in October before closing on Friday, November 13.
There are three storylines to follow:
- "Dead End District" – known for being a forgotten area filled with decay and filth. Make your way through the horrors of the living dead.
- "Creature Feature" – Classic monsters of silver screams hallowed past have laid dormant for decades inside this abandoned theater. Watch as they rip themselves from the silver screen and wreak havoc an horror in our modern world.
- "Deadly Reflections" – Experience the horror behind the legend of Bloody Mary and the mirror with a reflection deadly enough to consume your soul.
Tickets are on sale now, but we suggest getting them as soon as you can, because the 13th Floor expects to sell out most nights.
This year, tickets will be sold on a limited basis and timed to accommodate all COVID-19 safety requirements. The attraction itself has been modified a bit, too; anything hanging, or that requires one to squeeze through a tight space has been removed, and there will be more space in the exhibit, allowing for a different kind of storyline than in previous years.
More changes include:
- Attendees will be required to wear face coverings or masks, both to enter and throughout the experience. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All staff will be wearing face masks, and are temperature checked before every shift.
- All surfaces and tough points will be sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout.
- No purses or bags over 4.5 inches X 6.5 inches will be permitted.
- All local and state COVID-19 guidelines and mandates are expected to be followed by both staff and visitors.
- The routes through the haunted house a linear, and attendees will walk in a single file line through to adhere to six feet of social distancing.
- Tickets are encouraged to be purchased online, only credit cards will be taken on-site.
- Private groups only, all attendees are asked to stay only with the group they arrive with.
This year’s trailer is frightening as ever, see for yourself below:
*Be advised it may be too intense an experience for those under 12 years of age.
In a year of unexpected horrors, it's oddly comforting to know we can still choose to be scared for fun.
What is your favorite part of The 13th Floor Haunted House? What other haunted attractions have you heard about being open in Denver this year? We want to hear all about it in the comments.