Feel the holiday spirit with festive light displays powered by over 300,000 bulbs!
The holiday season is upon us, which means the return of a beloved tradition going on 27 years: the Merriweather Symphony of Lights! Powered by a whopping 300,000 bulbs, view dazzling light displays of seasonal icons like candy canes, choo-choo trains, and the North Pole. In the spirit of the season, part of the proceeds helps support the Howard County General Hospital.
WHEN: November 25, 2020–January 2, 2021 | Monday-Friday 6-10 p.m. | Saturday & Sunday 5-10 p.m.
WHERE: Merriweather Post Pavilion | 10475 Little Patuxent Parkway | Columbia, MD 21044
ADMISSION: $20 per vehicle | Purchase HERE
There are multiple ways to experience the Symphony of Lights. Bring the family for a relaxing drive through the park, where you can crank up the heat and 105.5 FM for delightful Christmas music to accompany your ride. Plus, guests are in for a treat with new features, including brand-new displays and a 150-foot big screen. There's nothing more festive than bright, sparkling lights, so go big or go home!
While the attraction is primarily a driving event, attendees can walk through on designated days throughout the month. Here are the select dates:
- "Festive Families" on November 29: Stroll with family and friends on foot, with proper social-distancing of course.
- "Tail Lights" on December 7: Bring your furry friend for a nighttime walk (doggie costumes are welcome!)
- "Midnight on the Hour" on December 31: Ring in 2021 with a fireworks celebration!
To account for COVID-19, some important changes have been implemented to ensure safety is the top priority. For one, guests will be required to wear face coverings and practice social distancing when on the grounds. For Walk Through Nights, ticket-holders will be required to choose a time slot for entering the park, and tickets will need to be purchased ahead of time.
Here some additional info to keep in mind:
- The drive-through entrance is located between Broken Land Parkway and Hickory Ridge Road.
- Drive-through tickets can be purchased with cash or credit card.
- Events are held rain or shine, except for inclement weather.
- Discounts are available for military veterans and healthcare workers.
- No concessions will be available for purchase.
Whether on wheels or on foot, there's no wrong way to enjoy the Symphony of Lights. Times and prices vary for each event, so check out the website for more information!
**All photos courtesy of Merriweather Symphony of Lights' Facebook page
Are you attending Symphony of Lights this holiday season? How will you enjoy the event--driving, walking, maybe both? Leave a comment!