It's peak bloom time for the gorgeous sunflowers of summer!
Pick your own bouquet, take some photos, or wander the giant sunflower maze at Goldpetal Farms.
- ADDRESS: 37260 Manor Road | Chaptico, MD
- HOURS: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday | Closed on Mondays.
- TICKETS: $10 per person | FREE for children 6 and under
- WEBSITE: Goldpetal Farms
With over seven acres of flowers, you'll have plenty of space to enjoy the view. This year, the maze was created with social distancing in mind, featuring walking paths that are at least six feet across. It also has multiple entrances and exits, to give more people a chance at trying this fun attraction.
Will you be picking your own bouquet? Sunflowers are just $1 per stem, and zinnias are available as well for $0.50 per stem. You can even bring your own picnic and make a full day of it!
Know Before You Go
- Pets are not permitted, so leave your furry buddies at home.
- Be prepared for a hot day in the sun with plenty of sunscreen and water.
- Close-toed shoes are recommended
- The summer heat is no joke! Plan ahead and try to avoid the hottest hours of the day if you can.
- Weekdays tend to have fewer visitors, if you're worried about big crowds.
☀️When the sun is a' scorchin', please plan your visit for the morning or evening to avoid being out in the hottest part of the day. It can get toasty in the maze! Morning is also great for catching our pollinators in action. Evening is "WOW" for seeing heart-lifting, soul-kissing sunsets. 🐝 Bee seeing you soon, friends! . . . #sunflowers #sunflowermaze #southernmd #stmaryscounty #familyfun #familyactivities #flowerphotography #somdphotography #somdphotographer #vaphotographer #northernvaphotographer #northernvirginia #stmaryscounty #stmarysmd #charlescounty #charlescountymd #calvertcounty #montgomerycounty #princegeorgescounty #baltimorecounty #annearundelcounty
*The photos in this article are courtesy of Goldpetal Farms.
For more information, visit the farm's website.
Have you been sunflower-picking at Goldpetal Farms? Do you have any tips for first-time visitors? Let us know in the comments!