It doesn't get much better than this!
If fall is your favorite season, then you won't want to miss the incomparable views in the mountains at Massanutten Resort. Why battle the Skyline Drive traffic when you pack a picnic and see it from this new vantage point?
A one-of-a-kind autumn attraction, the scenic chairlift ride is a great way to take some stunning fall foliage photos from overhead. The resort is located just two hours from the Beltway, and a trip to Massanutten is the perfect family outing once the leaves start to turn.
Toward the end of October, the Virginia countryside will be ablaze with glorious fall colors, so plan accordingly. Where else can you get such panoramic views of the Shenandoah Valley and the surrounding mountains?
- WHEN: Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- WHERE: Massanutten Resort | 1822 Resort Drive | Massanutten, VA
- TICKETS: $10 per adult | $8 per child (aged 12 and under) | FREE for children 5 and under with an adult
- PHONE: (540) 289-4998
Know Before You Go
- The new safety regulations for 2020 include social distancing and mandatory face coverings in public areas.
- There is a minimum height requirement of 36 inches tall to ride the chairlift.
- If it's chilly on the ground, it will be even colder up in the air, so dress in layers and don't forget your camera.
- The chairlift station is located at the Ski Lodge. It is Chairlift 4 on the way up and Chairlift 6 on the way down.
- Water coolers have been removed this year, so come prepared with your own snacks and water bottles.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available along the chairlift decks.
For more information or to reserve a room at the resort, explore the Massanutten Resort website. The fall foliage chairlift ride is just one of many fun activities available on the resort. Take a look at all of the other offerings before planning your trip!
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the Massanutten Facebook page.
Have you experienced the peak fall colors at the Massanutten Resort? Drop us a line in the comments and tell us what it was like, especially if you have any tips for first-time visitors.