Looking for something to do this Sunday, September 10? Adams Morgan Day is a yearly festival celebrating the vibrant neighborhood of Adams Morgan, a funky place with tons of character -- in its residents, restaurants and vendors.
In its 39th
year, the Adams Morgan Day
celebration is Washington's longest-running neighborhood festival, featuring activities, special discounts at neighborhood restaurants, music performances, and much more -- all to celebrate the Adams Morgan neighborhood's eclectic history and culture. Bring your significant other, your friends, your dog, or just wander by yourself.
WHEN: Sunday, September 10, 2017 | 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
WHERE: 18th Street and Columbia Road NW (Adams Morgan)
Here are six things to check out:
- Donate $10 to the Adams Morgan Community Alliance, which raises money to put the whole shindig together every year. Your donation will get you a wristband -- your "ticket" to discounts at an array of neighborhood establishments, including drink specials, food, and even dog washes. The full list of vendors can be found here.
- Stroll through the street to learn about a variety of D.C. vendors (don’t forget to pick up the free goodies!). Be sure to stop by the Adams Morgan BID, a great source for local event information and volunteer opportunities, as well as the D.C. Arts Center booth, where you'll get info on a variety of local performances -- everything from improv to ballet to theater.
- Do D.C. brunch right at Adams Morgan Day by going bottomless at Bourbon. They’ll be serving brunch until 5 p.m., but the mimosas will continue to flow all night long. When you feel the mood hit you, grab a $10 burger or some loaded tots on special. If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, you can also brunch at Meze. They’ll have a DJ playing Latin and Turkish music to get you in the partying mood.
- Listen to music on one of the many rooftops overlooking all the charm, chatter, and vibes below. The best deals are happening at Roofer’s Union (which will have live music from Jonny Grave and the Tombstones and $2 off all port city beers), along with Mellow Mushroom, where you can enjoy $5 pretzel bites with beer cheese (who doesn’t love that?) and $7 pizzas, all while hearing Drop Electric perform.
- For another music venue, head to the Adams Morgan Day Columbia Rd. Stage (hosted by Songbyrd Music House & Record Café), which will highlight a lineup of artists starting at 12 p.m. and going until 6. The full schedule can be found here. They’ll be serving 2-for-$5 Happy Hour Sliders (pulled pork, chicken pesto, and eggplant parmesan), as well as $4 cold coffee brews and $2 off Jailbreak beers.
[gallery columns="2" size="large" ids="3792,3738"]
- If you like games, join in some BBQ bingo in the basement of Smoke and Barrel, where you can win "BBQ prizes" like smoked wings, brisket, and nachos. They’ll also be doing $5 wings, nachos, and punches all night. If you’re more into pool and board games, check out Bedrock Billiards, where both will be free.
It’ll be a boozy, fun afternoon to remember -- or not (depending on the level of booziness!). Regardless, it’ll definitely be the perfect September afternoon to be outside and enjoy sunshine, tunes, and good company.
Have you been to Adams Morgan Day in past years? What are you looking forward to the most? Tell us in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Facebook.