Get a Hit of Caffeine & Booze With This Tiramisu Recipe
We here at OCN run on a mix of coffee, alcohol, and a dash of questionable life choices, which is why we're all about desserts like this boozy twist on one of Italy's greatest exports. Because October is all about indulging in sweet treats, we thought this concoction was worth a share. Plus, you don't need to use the oven! Take that, altitude adjustments!
OCN's Grown-Up Tiramisu
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. container mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cold strong coffee (I use Black Rifle Coffee's Silencer Smooth)
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 2 packages of Lady Fingers (or one large package depending on the brand's size)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with a hand or stand mixer. You could also use a whisk and do it by hand if
you're insane you want a serious arm workout.
2. Slowly add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon in the mascarpone cheese and mix until combined. Set aside.
3. Pour cold coffee and Kahlua into a shallow bowl then whisk together. Dip (don't soak) the Lady Fingers in the bowl on each side and lay them in a single layer on the bottom of an 8x8 or similarly-sized square pan. It's okay if they're not perfectly lined up, just fit them in as needed. The mascarpone mixture will cover it up and it'll be our little secret.
4. Spread and smooth out half of the mascarpone mixture over the top of the Lady Fingers. Add another layer of dipped Lady Fingers. Smooth remaining mascarpone cream over the top. Molto bene!
5. Dust cocoa powder generously over the top by hand or with a strainer (I use a hand sifter) and cover mascarpone mixture completely. Wipe edges of the pan after dusting with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
6. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Impress your dinner guests with this deliciously cold dessert, and let us know how it went!