Celebrate Black History Month with free screenings of Black Panther, Feb. 1-7.
When Black Panther hit theaters almost a year ago, it made movie history. With a star-studded cast of majority black actors and crew, the film brought the beauty and power of black women to center stage, celebrated black culture, and tackled thought-provoking cultural issues. Therefore, it’s no wonder that Disney and AMC Theatres chose Black Panther to ring in this year's Black History Month.
Disney announced that they donated $1.5 million to the United Negro College Fund in advance of Black History Month. However, their celebrations are not over yet. Starting Friday, February 1, Black Panther will return to 250 AMC theaters across the nation for a special week-long engagement. There will be two screenings of the film every day until February 7, and tickets are completely free for anyone who wants to attend. Come ring in Black History Month with one of the most revolutionary films of recent history!
Participating Locations in the DMV Area
If you haven’t seen Black Panther yet, or simply want to relive Wakanda forever, you can head to one of these participating AMC theaters in the DMV area.
- Georgetown 14 | 3111 K St. NW, Washington, D.C. 2007
- AMC White Marsh 16 | 8141 Honeygo Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21236
- AMC Columbia Mall 14 | 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy., Columbia, MD 21044
- AMC Rio Cinemas 18 | 9811 Washingtonian Ctr., Gaithersburg, MD 20878
- AMC Magic Johnson Capital Center 12 | 800 Shoppers Way, Largo, MD 20774
- AMC Owings Mills 17 | 10100 Mill Run Cir., Owings Mills, MD 21117
- AMC Rivertowne 12 | 6075 Oxon Hill Rd., Oxon Hill, MD 20745
- AMC Hoffman 22 | 206 Swamp Fox Rd., Alexandria, VA 22314
- AMC Hampton 24 | 1 Towne Centre Way, Hampton, VA 23666
- AMC Tysons Corner Center 16 | 7850E Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA 22102
- AMC Lynnhaven 18 | 1001 Lynnhaven Mall Loop, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- AMC Potomac Mills | 2700 Potomac Mills Cir. Suite 886, Woodbridge, VA 22192
You can check to see if there are any openings at a theater near you, by visiting https://www.weticketit.com/blackpanther. You can also book tickets directly on the site.
Black Panther is the first superhero movie to ever be nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards, and it just recently won an award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a motion picture at the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.
The world is simply reeling about this legendary movie, and if you’re looking to see what all the hype is about, be sure to stop by a participating AMC theater between February 1 and 7 to catch the film for free.
If you’re heading to the theaters to see Black Panther, let us know what you think of the film!