Fathom Events and the TCM Big Screen Classics Series introduce a new generation to these legendary films.
As movie theaters slowly begin to reopen, consider watching some of Hollywood’s greatest hits returning to the big screen this year. Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) have handpicked 12 classic films to show in theaters two days out of the month and twice each day (typically on Sundays and Wednesdays). You’ll get to watch these films in the original aspect ratio, but the bonus content includes commentary before and after the film by TCM hosts.
THE MALTESE FALCON ('41) is returning to theaters to celebrate its 80th anniversary 1/24 and 1/27.— TCM (@tcm) January 17, 2021
Check your local theater for showtimes and their new health and safety guidelines: https://t.co/iiSoViXEmf #TCMBigScreen pic.twitter.com/5Tg9BbF2Xx
- January: "The Maltese Falcon" (80th anniversary), Sunday, Jan. 24 and Wednesday, Jan. 27
- February: "Boyz n the Hood" (30th anniversary), Sunday, Feb. 28 and Wednesday, March 3
- March: "The Ten Commandments" (65th anniversary), Sunday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 31
- April: "La Bamba & Fried Green Tomatoes" (30th anniversary), Sunday, April 18 & Wednesday, April 21
- June: "The Birdcage" (25th anniversary), date TBD
- July: "The African Queen" (70th anniversary), date TBD
- August: "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" (50th anniversary), date TBD
- September: "Citizen Kane" (80th anniversary), date TBD
- October: "The Silence of the Lambs" (30th anniversary), date TBD
- November: "West Side Story" (60th anniversary), date TBD
- December: "On Golden Pond" (40th anniversary), date TBD
“This year has shown us that watching movies on the big screen is not an experience to take for granted, and 2021’s lineup of films has something for every movie lover. We are prouder than ever to continue this partnership with Fathom Events to bring the TCM Big Screen Classics series to audiences around the country.” —Genevieve McGillicuddy, vice president of enterprises and strategic partnerships, TCM.