Library-sponsored craft brew tour returns for the fourth year. New breweries on tap for this year.
If you love beer and books, this local adventure will be right up your alley and is a great way to support local small business.
Just in time for spring sunshine, Aurora Public Library presents the 4th Annual Aurora Craft Brews Tour, a fun way to get to know some of the city’s small breweries. The tour has several free events scheduled throughout the tour, which runs between now and October 31.
In total, there are 11 breweries featured with 13 locations for participants to visit!
Getting in on this hoppy opportunity is simple; participants can either stop by any Aurora Public Library branch or a participating brewery (listed below) and grab a passport, or you can download one from the library's website. After that, you'll be able to visit each location, purchase one pint per passport, and then receive a stamp. Five stamps will earn you a commemorative glass, while 10 stamps will get you a growler.
Prizes will be given out through November 7, or until they run out.
This year’s tour has some new additions, including Bent Barley Brewing Company, Dragon Meadery, and Pilothouse Brewing Company, along with some longtime local favorites like Cheluna Brewing Company, Comrade Brewing Company, Dry Dock Brewing Company, Haykin Family CIder, Launch Pad Brewery, Peak to Peak Tap and Brew, Two22 Brew, and Ursula Brewery. Both Dry Dock and Peak To Peak are offering two participating locations.
Courtesy of Aurora Public Library
So, what do you need to know to get your nose out of the book and out on the 2019 Aurora Craft Brews Tour? First, some guidelines to remember; participants must be 21+, and some special events require pre-registration, a complete list of locations and events are provided below. Last but not least, use a designated driver or get a ride if you need one! Always remember to drink responsibly, tip your server, and most importantly, have some fun!
Library Locations to Pick Up a Passport
- Central Library, 14949 E. Alameda Parkway
- Hoffman Library/PC Center, 1298 Peoria St.
- Iliff Square Library/PC Center, 2253 S. Peoria St.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Library, 9898 E. Colfax Ave.
- Mission Viejo Library, 15324 E. Hampden Circle
- Tallyn’s Reach Library, 23911 E. Arapahoe Road
Or to download: AuroraLibrary.org
Participating 2019 Aurora Craft Brew Locations
- Bent Barley Brewing Co., 6200 S. Main Street
- Cheluna Brewing Co., 2501 Dallas Street
- Comrade Brewing Co., 7667 E. Iliff Avenue
- Dry Dock Brewing Co., 15120 E. Hampden Avenue, and 2801 Tower Road
- Dragon Meadery open by appointment only; call 720.371.1970
- Haykin Family Cider, 12001 E. 33rd Avenue Unit D
- Launch Pad Brewery, 884 S. Buckley Road
- Peak to Peak Iliff & Buckley Tap & Brew, 16701 E. Iliff Avenue
- Peak to Peak Colfax & Dayton Brewery, 9732 E. Colfax Avenue.
- Pilothouse Brewing Co., 4233 S. Buckley Road
- Two22 Brew, 4550 S. Reservoir Road
- Ursula Brewery, 2101 N. Ursula Street #10
Special Events Scheduled
Craft Night @ Comrade Brewing Company
Thursday, May 9, 6 p.m., 7667 E. Iliff Avenue
Beer & Doughnut Pairing @ Peak to Peak Tap & Brew - Colfax
Friday, June 7, 6:30 p.m., 9735 E. Colfax Avenue. Adults 21+ only. Registration required!
Buskers, Brews & BBQ @ Aurora Municipal Center
In the City of Aurora tent Saturday, June 8, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Science Fiction & Fact Trivia @ Launch Pad Brewery
Wednesday, June 12, 7 p.m., 884 S. Buckley Road
Harry Potter Yoga @ Bent Barley Brewing Company
Saturday, June 22, 11 a.m., 6200 S. Main Street, Suite 110. Registration required!
Book Scene @ Pilothouse Brewing Company
Sunday, July 21, 2 p.m., 4233 S. Buckley Road. Registration required!
Will you be participating in the Aurora Craft Brews Tour? Sound off in the comments. Cheers!