It's time to hoist a stein and find your local biergarten; Oktoberfest in Hampton Roads is right around the corner. Prost!
There's nothing like a stein of German beer and a delicious bratwurst or fresh pretzel to go with it. Find all of that and more at any of these local Oktoberfest events around town.
Oktoberfest at Ballyhoos
- WHEN: October 4–6, 2019 | Times vary by day.
- WHERE: Ballyhoos | 2865 Lynnhaven Drive, Suite D3 | Virginia Beach, VA
- TICKETS: $20 per person
- WEBSITE: Oktoberfest at Ballyhoos
It's all about tasting at the Ballyhoos Oktoberfest. Each day will bring featured breweries front and center, and you can sample your way through their best lineups. Saturday afternoon will have the largest group of offerings, with six different breweries represented, including local favorites like Smartmouth Beer. Drink up and don't forget to hit the German food buffet!
Courtesy of Smartmouth Beer on Facebook
New Realm Brewing Company
- WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019 | 12–6 p.m.
- WHERE: New Realm Brewing | 1209 Craft Lane | Virginia Beach, VA
- TICKETS: $40 per person
- WEBSITE: Oktoberfest at New Realm Brewing Compay
The price of admission gets you a special one-liter commemorative mug, a fresh pretzel, and two full pours of the special Oktoberfest brews. Choose from their six seasonal varieties like Munich Dunkel, the Euphonia Pilsner, and more!
Courtesy of New Realm Brewing on Facebook
Oktoberfest at The Bier Garden
- WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019 | 12–9 p.m.
- WHERE: The Bier Garden Restaurant | 438 High Street | Portsmouth, VA
- TICKETS: $10 for adults | $5 for children (ages 5-12) | FREE for children 4 and under
- WEBSITE: The Bier Garden's Oktoberfest
The 400 block of historic High Street will be devoted to this year's festival; park as close as you can and just follow the music. Come try your hand at cornhole or the strongman contest, or just enjoy some traditional German food and drinks.
Kids will love the bounce houses and games, so bring the whole family! Tickets are available at the gate or beforehand at the Bier Garden restaurant.
Courtesy of The Bier Garden on Facebook
Oktoberfest at Busch Gardens
- WHEN: October 16, 2019 | 6–9 p.m.
- WHERE: Busch Gardens | 1 Busch Gardens Blvd. | Williamsburg, VA
- TICKETS: $49 per person until October 9 | $59 per person October 10-16 | You must be 21 and older to purchase a ticket.
- WEBSITE: Oktoberfest at Busch Gardens
Though not in Hampton Roads, the annual celebration at Busch Gardens is unique enough to make the list. Head to nearby Williamsburg for an after-hours, private Oktoberfest that you won't soon forget.
The price of admission gets you on any of the open rides, free arcade play, one German meal, and three adult beverages. As if that wasn't enough, you'll get a turn in the Haunted Maze, as well as three kiosk gameplays.
Courtesy of Busch Gardens on Facebook
So, what will it be? Are you going for a traditional family-friendly festival or will you heading to Busch Gardens for some German-themed amusement park fun? Where will you be celebrating Oktoberfest this year? Let us know in the comments!