Kick off a festive fall season with an Oktoberfest excursion. Savor the sights and sounds of Germany all around the District!
From gourmet German dishes to freshly tapped kegs for your day-drinking pleasure, the city has all sorts of Oktoberfest events going on. Here's a list of the six best places to celebrate German culture in Washington, D.C., this fall.
Sauf Haus D.C.
- When: September 21–28, 2019 | Times vary by day.
- Where: Sauf Haus Bier Hall and Garden | 1216 18th Street NW | Washington, D.C.
- Website: Oktoberfest at Sauf Haus D.C.
Oktoberfest food and drink specials are the order of the day, with accordion players on September 26, and contests and live music on September 28. Hoist steins for prizes while you dance the night away to '90s cover band, Uncle Jesse. Prost!
Courtesy of Sauf Haus Bier Hall and Garden
- When: September 22–October 20, 2019
- Where: Café Berlin | 322 Massachusetts Avenue NE | Washington, D.C.
- Website: Oktoberfest at Café Berlin
Gourmets will flock to Café Berlin for traditional German fare. Try the authentic Bavarian Brunch or any of the seasonal German dishes available on the special Oktoberfest menu.
Courtesy of Café Berlin
Dacha Beer Garden
- When: September 21–October 4 | Times vary by day.
- Where: Dacha Beer Garden | 1600 7th Street NW | Washington, D.C.
- Website: Dacha Beer Garden
Now that the first keg has been tapped, it will be all about Oktoberfest at this D.C. beer garden. Check back for weekly announcements about specials and contests. Make sure you get some of the custom swag!
Courtesy of Dacha Beer Garden
- When: September 26–October 17, 2019
- Where: Biergarten Haus | 1335 H Street NE | Washington, D.C.
- Website: Biergarten Haus
Enjoy seasonal Oktoberfest beer and food specials at this D.C. institution. Enter stein-hoisting contests every Thursday night at 8 p.m. for a chance to win great prizes like gift cards, steins, and Redskins tickets.
Courtesy of Biergarten Haus
- When: September 21–October 6, 2019
- Where: The Midlands | 3333 Georgia Avenue NW | Washington, D.C.
- Website: The Midlands
The Midlands will be offering Oktoberfest beer specials for weeks! Come by for their $5 pints and $10 steins on select brews.
Courtesy of The Midlands
Wunder Garten at NoMa
- When: September 27–October 6, 2019 | Times vary by day.
- Where: Wunder Garten at NoMa | 1101 First Street NE | Washington, D.C.
- Admission: FREE
- Website: Oktoberfest at Wunder Garten
This D.C. biergarten will host Oktoberfest events for two full weekends this fall. Admission is free, so just check out the daily activities and decide when you want to go. Are you more of a night owl looking for a DJ set and a few good beers? Or are you going for a daytime festival experience? Either way, Wunder Garten has you covered!
Courtesy of Wunder Garten at NoMa
Where will you be celebrating Oktoberfest in the city this year? Have you found another event that didn't make it to our list? Let us know in the comments!