Maryland has plenty of great Oktoberfest events all over the state. Grab your stein and head to your nearest biergarten to celebrate German culture!
Fall festival season would not be the same without a trip to Oktoberfest. Where else can you dine, drink, and dance your way around Germany without ever boarding a plane?
Das Best Oktoberfest
- WHEN: Saturday, September 28, 2019 | 2–6 p.m.
- WHERE: M&T Bank Stadium Parking Lots | S Martin Luther King Jr. BLVD | Baltimore, MD
- ADMISSION: $40 General Admission | $25 Designated Driver (no tastings included)
- VIP EXPERIENCE: 2-hour early entry at noon | designated VIP area | $75 per person
- WEBSITE: Das Best Oktoberfest
Sample your way through hundreds of beers, schnapps, ciders, and wines at this all-you-can-taste event. The two stages will feature oompah bands and local acts alike. Pet parents can bring their dogs; there is even a wiener dog race and a dog costume contest!
Courtesy of Das Best Oktoberfest
- WHEN: September 27-28, 2019 | 6–10:30 p.m. on Friday | 11 a.m.–10 p.m. on Saturday
- WHERE: Frederick Fairgrounds | 797 E Patrick Street | Frederick, MD
- ADMISSION: $5 per person on Friday, $15 with a stein | $8 per person (21+) on Saturday, $18 with a stein, $5 per person (ages 3-20)
- WEBSITE: Frederick's Oktoberfest
Frederick celebrates in two parts: an adults-only beer fest on Friday and a family-friendly event on Saturday. Once the ceremonial keg-tapping is done on Friday, get ready for some epic drinking games and live music. Food and drinks are $5 a pop for a delicious, good time.
Saturday's events will feature dancing, music, and a ton of children's games. Ticket prices go up on the day of the event, so buy them online here.
Courtesy of Frederick's Oktoberfest
Rotary Oktoberfest of Carroll County
- WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019, from 12 to 8 p.m. | October 6, 2019, from 12 to 5 p.m.
- WHERE: Daniel Shipley Memorial Arena | 706 Agricultural Center Drive | Westminster, MD
- ADMISSION: $10 per person | FREE for children 10 and under and people wearing authentic German attire
- WEBSITE: Carroll County Oktoberfest
Generosity pays at this annual Oktoberfest! Bring five non-perishable food items to donate to the Westminster Rescue Mission and get $2 off the price of admission. Are you up for the Polka Contest? Or is the Chicken Dance Contest more your speed?
Courtesy of Rotary Oktoberfest of Carroll County
- WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019 | 3–9 p.m.
- WHERE: Governor's Hall at Sailwinds Park | 200 Byrn Street | Cambridge, MD
- ADMISSION: $10 per person (13 and older) | $5 per person (ages 3–12) | FREE for children under 3
- WEBSITE: Crabtoberfest
It's the best of both worlds at the Eastern Shore's Crabtoberfest. Traditional German fare will be served alongside some Maryland favorites while everyone enjoys live music, dancing, games, and more. Come in your best German attire for a chance to win Best Dressed at the Fest!
Courtesy of Crabtoberfest
- WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019 | 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- WHERE: Rockville Town Square | 30 Maryland Avenue | Rockville, MD
- ADMISSION: FREE
- WEBSITE: Rocktobierfest
Rockville Town Center wlll welcome thousands for this annual special event. Rock music headlines alongside traditional German music to create the ultimate in fall fun. Admission is FREE for all, and you pay as you go, so come out and sample some of Germany's best food and drink!
Courtesy of Rocktobierfest
West Annapolis Oktoberfest
- WHEN: Sunday, September 29, 2019 | 12–5 p.m.
- WHERE: 17 Annapolis Street | Annapolis, MD
- ADMISSION: FREE
- WEBSITE: West Annapolis Oktoberfest
Wander the streets of West Annapolis and shop for arts and crafts from over 100 vendors. Stop and enjoy traditional German fare and wash it all down with some frosty beer and wine. Kids will love the games and petting zoo!
Courtesy of West Annapolis Business Alliance
Oktoberfest at the Kentlands
- WHEN: Sunday, October 13, 2019 | 12–5 p.m.
- WHERE: Gaithersburg, near and around the Kentlands Mansion | 320 Kent Square Road | Gaithersburg, MD
- ADMISSION: FREE | Free parking, too!
- WEBSITE: Oktoberfest Gaithersburg
The streets of Gaithersburg will come alive with the sights and sounds of Germany. This free festival will span several blocks, so head on over to explore and enjoy!
Courtesy of Oktoberfest Gaithersburg
Where are you going to celebrate Oktoberfest this year? Have you found one that didn't make it onto our list? Drop us a line in the comments and let us know!