Are you ready to tap into your inner pirate and hunt for hidden treasure?
Founded by City of Manassas council member, Ian Lovejoy, Treasure Quest Adventures is a Virginia-based company that specializes in professional outdoor treasure hunts. Lovejoy has hidden a total of $50,000 in cash around the D.C. metro area for you to find! This is like Pirates of the Caribbean meets Indiana Jones ... in real life.
“Our hope is to give the community something positive and fun to focus on—something families can do together that gets folks out of the house safely and encourages them to explore their community in a new way,” Lovejoy said in a recent press release.
The treasure is split into five pots of $10,000, with each hidden in a different D.C. metro area county. The cost is $55 per person to enter into the treasure hunt. There are a limited number of tickets for each quest, so don’t wait too long to register! Each quest will be a race against the clock to solve a combination of virtual and real-life clues which will lead you to the hidden treasure.
Here is the upcoming schedule:
- Prince William County, VA | Saturday, Aug. 22 at 11 a.m. ET
- Loudoun County, VA | Saturday, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m. ET
- Fairfax County, VA | Saturday, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. ET
- Montgomery County, MD | Saturday, Oct. 3 at 11 a.m. ET
- Arlington County, VA | Saturday, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m. ET
Here are our tips for treasure hunting like a pro:
- Wear comfy shoes (you'll have to do some walking).
- Have access to a car (some of the challenges will involve driving to different locations).
- Have a fully charged cell phone and internet access (you'll need this to move from checkpoint to checkpoint and to access the next clue).
Are you ready to begin your quest for hidden treasure? Which county quest will you be participating in? Let us know in the comments below!