Annapolis knows how to celebrate the spring equinox in style. Join the Maritime Museum for their annual oyster roast, and toss a pair of your winter socks into the fire!
This event is sure to raise your spirits as you party around a bonfire and chug back oysters to your heart's content. Hosted by the Annapolis Maritime Museum and other local sponsors, the Annapolis Oyster Roast and Sock Burning will feature live music by (appropriately) The Eastport Oyster Boys.
You can sign up for a shucking contest to show off your prowess ... watch your fingers! Tickets include raw, freshly shucked oysters. Just stand in line for three at a time, and get right back in line as many times as you'd like!
If oysters aren't your thing, additional food and delicious beverages will be on sale for purchase from local restaurants and food trucks. Electric boat tours will be running in Back Creek, so get ready to snap some selfies on the water.
Know before you go
- This event is rain or shine. No refunds will be issued once tickets are purchased.
- Tickets are not required for children 12 and under.
- Though normally a dog-friendly venue, pets are not allowed during the Oyster Roast.
- Feel free to bring camp chairs or picnic blankets to this outdoor event.
- You don't have to be an oyster lover to attend! There will be plenty of other types of food besides bivalves.
- You must be 21 and older to purchase or consume alcohol at this event.
*All photos in this article are courtesy of the Annapolis Maritime Museum.
For more information regarding this event or the Maritime Museum in general, visit their website.
Do you attend the Annapolis Oyster Roast and Sock Burning? What is your favorite part of the event? Share your photos or tell us about it in the comments below!