Who's up for some historic day drinking?
Tasty brews go back in time for an outdoor beer festival you won't soon forget. Head to George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate for some epic craft beer tastings and demonstrations.
The grounds surrounding the mansion will play host to festival-goers in the 12-acre field. While most of the outbuildings will be open for viewing, the main mansion will be closed during the event. Buy your tickets online soon—they're bound to sell out quickly!
- WHEN: June 19-20, 2021 | 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Mount Vernon Estate | 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway | Mount Vernon, VA
- TICKETS: $40 for members, $45 for the general public
- PARKING: free surface lot parking
- WEBSITE: Craft Beer Festival at Mount Vernon
Each ticket gets you a commemorative cup and eight tasting tickets to sample some of the region's best craft beers. If that's not enough, you can always buy more tickets on-site. Take a rest every now and then to enjoy some live music and beer-making demonstrations. You've got three hours at the festival, so make it last!
Know Before You Go
- This is an outdoor event and will occur rain or shine.
- Dress for the fickle NoVA summer weather with layers that can easily be removed. You never know when a rain shower is going to pop up.
- Parking can be a little tricky if you're not familiar with the estate. Be careful not to park in the tour bus lot.
- There are no designated driver tickets available. Please drink responsibly and have a plan for getting home safely.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced, as well as increased cleaning measures.
**All photos courtesy of George Washington's Mount Vernon (via Facebook)
For more information about the craft beer festival, head to the official Mount Vernon website. You can also follow along with their Facebook page to learn about other upcoming events.
Will you be getting tickets for this fun beer festival? Do you have any tips for first-time visitors to the estate? Share them with us in the comments.