Travel to Turkey without ever leaving the city! Enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of the Turkish culture at this epic outdoor festival.
Join thousands of your friends and neighbors at one of the most popular cultural festivals in D.C. Each fall, the American Turkish Association of Washington D.C. puts together an unforgettable experience that simply should not be missed. Come for the kebabs, and stay for the music and dancing!
WHEN: Saturday, September 29, 2019 | 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
WHERE: Pennsylvania Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets NW in Washington, D.C.
METRO: Metro Center or Federal Triangle Metro stops | Get walking directions from Metro here
You can expect all sorts of Turkish arts and crafts for sale. Exquisite ceramics, glassware, and jewelry will all be on display. Food vendors will be set up to tempt you with their delicious food, so come hungry! Kebabs are classic Turkish cuisine but you should also try some of the mezes (small plates), stews, and delicate desserts. Baklava, anyone?
Music and dance performances will go on all day, both on the main stage and in the streets. Don't be surprised if you get swept up in it all!
Know Before You Go
- Even though this festival is outdoors, it gets very crowded. Seating is provided by the main stage.
- Expect bad traffic and road closures near the event; Metro will be your best bet or catching a ride in.
- If you risk the drive in, use the festival's SpotHero discount to reserve parking.
- Many vendors will accept credit cards, but cash is always appreciated. Hit the ATM before you go!
- This is a rain or shine event.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the Washington D.C. Turkish Festival Facebook page. Head there for additional information about the festival.
Are you looking forward to the Turkish Festival this year? What are your favorite foods that everyone MUST try? Let us know in the comments!