Don't let your calls go straight to voicemail today. Pick up the phone and find out someone's favorite color.
Seriously. Have fun today! And spread the fun to each and every person who calls you today. Answer the Telephone Like Buddy the Elf Day on December 18, encourages everyone to spread Christmas cheer.
Enjoy the shock and laughs as you answering the phone like Buddy the Elf. Each time someone calls you today, pick up the phone and say, "[Insert your name] the Elf, what's your favorite color?" The caller on the other end might be surprised and might laugh right away. You'll brighten your own day as well as the days of others as you spread Christmas cheer.
Buddy the Elf was played by Will Ferrell in the 2003 holiday hit, Elf. Throughout the movie, Buddy finds himself in various (and hilarious) predicaments as he attempts real life in New York City after being raised at The North Pole.
Fans across the country have shared what they think of this iconic scene:
"Not even joking, this is how my manager answered his phone today... Needless to say he is my favorite manager." ~asdfjkl891011
"I did this once. I was talking to one of my teachers, and the phone on his desk rang. I picked it up before he had time to react and said this... I got sent to the office. But it was worth it." ~Joker TV
"LOL!! I LOVE this movie, especially this part!! Every time I see it, and I know it's coming up, I freak out. Even though I've seen it, like 5 times, lol. :)" ~rachelpinkrox
Ideas to Observe Answer the Phone Like Buddy the Elf Day
This year, we all need an extra dose of fun and creativity. Take this holiday seriously as you navigate the real world.
- Possibly the most intuitive way to celebrate today is to literally answer the phone with the phrase, "[Insert your name] the Elf, what's your favorite color?" As you engage in further conversation, explain the holiday and be sure to invite the caller to answer his or her phone with the same phrase.
- Take it to the next level by dressing up as an elf (complete with tights). If you're like most people working from home, only your family (and your cat) will have the joy of seeing you in costume.
- Tonight, pop some popcorn and watch Elf with your family.
- If you're still looking for ideas, take a few directly from Buddy himself:
- Sing. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
- Make snow angels
- Go ice skating
- Eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as you can
Have you answered the phone like Buddy the Elf today? What reaction did you receive? Tell us in the comments below.