4H events, live music, and the carnival are just a few reasons why you should be getting your early bird tickets now for one of the best county fairs in the state.
Experience a county fair as it should be, with plenty of local farms showing their best produce and livestock, a carnival, and endless entertainment. Nothing says all-American like bull-riding and fair food!
WHEN: July 23-28, 2019 | Full schedule is available online
WHERE: Loudoun County Fairground | 17558 Dry Mill Road | Leesburg, VA
TICKETS: Available for purchase online | Early bird one-day ticket prices: $12 for adults, $5 for children
PARKING: $5 parking fee is good for the entire week
What to Expect
This is the sort of county fair with plenty of animals, so expect a down-home farm experience. Wear comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting dirty, and dress in layers in case it rains. The fair has tons of exhibits, contests, and live entertainment. Consult the schedule for things you definitely don't want to miss.
There will be arts and crafts vendors as well as food vendors, so be prepared to shop 'til you drop. Special events are peppered throughout the week – Can anyone tell me what "chicken poop bingo" is?
Certain activities like the live music, carnival, the craft marketplace, and livestock exhibits will be around every day. Make sure you have enough time to wander the entire fairgrounds! When else are you going to be able to get a selfie with an alpaca?
Know Before You Go
- This is a family-friendly event so alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- The parking pass is good for the entire week – be careful not to lose it if you go back!
- The entry fee gets you into the fair and admission to all of the exhibits and live shows. Some attractions may require additional purchases, and there will be food and drinks for sale.
- Tuesday is a special discount day – Seniors (65 and over) enter free before 4 p.m.
- Wednesday is Children's Day – Children under 12 enter free before 4 p.m.
For more information, visit the Loudoun County Fair website.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the Loudoun County Fair website or Facebook page.
Are you a big Loudoun County Fair fan? What are some of the must-see attractions? Let us know in the comments!