It's the perfect time of year for fall fun. The Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival has something for everyone, courtesy of the Winchester Rotary.
For two days, the Frederick County Fairgrounds will come alive with the sights and sounds of the much-anticipated annual Apple Harvest Festival. Dozens of vendors will be set up to tempt you with their crafts, and there's even an antique car show. Indulge in your favorite fair foods as you stroll through the festival grounds or take a break to listen to some live music. You can check out the full schedule for the local bands and dance performances here.
The kids will have a great time at the Kid Zone full of inflatables to bounce on. New for this year is the Human Hamster Ball! Feeling up for the challenge?
If it's apple-themed products you want, this is where you can find them. Buy jars of fresh apple butter for a seasonal treat, and taste some of this year's best fruit—over 60 varieties are expected to be on display!
Courtesy of the Winchester Visitors' Bureau
WHEN: September 21-22, 2019 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: Frederick County Fairgrounds | 155 Fairground Road | Clear Brook, VA
ADMISSION: $10 per person | FREE for children under 6
Know Before You Go
- This is a pet-friendly event. There is even a canine obstacle course on Saturday for your four-legged friends to run through!
- Beer and hard cider tasting tickets are available at the event. You must be at least 21 to purchase them.
- Registration is required for the pie-eating contest; spots are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All sorts of fair food will be available for purchase. Come hungry!
- You can find $1 off coupons for admission all around the region, at schools, daycare centers, and Handy Mart stores.
Are you excited for the Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival? What is your favorite part of the day? Drop us a line in the comments and let us know!