Historic Winchester is the backdrop for the 7th Annual Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival. Get your tasting tickets today!
When the weather is nice, is there anything better than getting out and enjoying an outdoor festival? This annual event brings thousands of people out to Winchester to taste some of the best craft beers in the region.
Best of all, it's for a good cause! This year's festival benefits GoodDogz.org and Dakota's Dream, a local nonprofit animal rescue group. A portion of ticket sales will go to each of these great organizations.
WHEN: Saturday, June 8, 2019 | 12–6 p.m. (taps close at 5:30 p.m.)
WHERE: Old Town Winchester | Near North Loudoun Street and West Boscawen Street
TICKETS: $25 per person, available to purchase online | $30 at the event
How It Works
The cool thing about this festival is that there are several tiers of tickets available. First and foremost, the walking mall is open for business during the festival hours. That means anyone can walk around the festival for free, including children or designated drivers.
There will be live music throughout the day and over 40 breweries set up to give out tastings to ticketed guests. People who want to taste the beers on offer should really buy a ticket online beforehand.
Tickets will be available at the event, but they'll be $5 more, and VIP tickets are only available through online pre-event sales. Each regular ticket gets you one commemorative cup and 10 beer tastings.
The VIP Experience
Enjoy the festival from a special VIP area with pre-purchased $75 tickets. You'll still get the souvenir glass and 10 tasting portions from any of the beer vendors, but you'll also get a catered lunch and a Hop Blossom t-shirt. Score! Designated driver VIP tickets are also on sale for $40 each. VIP DDs will get the yummy lunch, t-shirt, and access to the VIP area.
As if all of that wasn't enough, VIPs have a designated INDOOR restroom area – so important when you're busy tasting beer all day!
Know Before You Go
- There will be no refunds for this event – if you can't make it, give your ticket to someone else to use.
- You must be 21 and over to consume alcohol at this event. Be prepared to show a valid ID upon check-in.
- Think local, eat local – restaurants will remain open and some will offer festival specials. Support the Winchester small businesses!
- The last pours are at 5:30 p.m. on the dot.
- If you want more than the standard 10 pours, you can purchase additional tasting tickets at the event. $5 gets you three additional 4-oz. tasting pours.
- VIP and VIP Designated Driver tickets are ONLY available to purchase online before June 7, 2019.
For more information, including a full list of the participating breweries, visit the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival website.
** All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival Facebook page.
Do you go to this Winchester festival every year? Who are some of your favorite craft brewers at the event? Let us know in the comments!