"Hamilton" returns to the Kennedy Center, on June 16. Are you ready for the mad dash for tickets?
The Broadway hit musical Hamilton is returning Washington. D.C.'s Kennedy Center for a full 14 weeks this summer—from June 16 to September 20, 2020. But if you want tickets to this amazing production, you're going to have to have a plan in place.
Here is what you need to know (and some tips courtesy of The Kennedy Center) to ensure you are properly prepared and ready to purchase your tickets as soon as they are available:
Dates and Times for Purchases:
- Member tickets go on sale | Monday, March 2, beginning at 10 a.m. ET
- Public tickets go on sale | Monday, March 9, beginning at 10 a.m. ET
- There is a maximum purchase of eight (8) tickets per household (and they mean it!!!)
- Ticket prices will be announced closer to sale date
You will need an account on the Kennedy Center website in order to purchase your tickets online. If you do not have an account, than you can easily create one.
- Anyone purchasing tickets online is strongly encouraged to go to their online account to ensure everything is in proper order days PRIOR to when the tickets go on sale (March 2 and March 9), so that any issues may be resolved.
- Members experiencing issues can call Member Services at 202-416-8310 or email Membership@Kennedy-Center.org. But again, if you want tickets to this show, please test your account sooner rather than later.
- This is an important tip: "Due to anticipated demand, patrons will encounter an online waiting room before entering the website." I strongly encourage you to visit the site's FAQ's section, where you will be provided with detailed instructions regarding the online ticket purchase path. This is critical information when purchasing your Hamilton tickets online.
Box Office Purchases:
The box office will be open from 10 a.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET. (Tip: the line will form outside the Hall of the States entrance, and public parking will be available in the Garage Level A only) While you are not allowed to park or sleep overnight at The Kennedy Center, I didn’t see any rules about showing up in the early morning to sit in line with a beach chair, a blankie, and a nice thermos of hot coffee, waiting for the box office to open—oh, and possibly making new friends!
Call 202-467-4600 as to purchase tickets, the same dates and times apply.
For more details, click here for The Kennedy Center’s official Hamilton website.
Have you seen the musical Hamilton? Where and what did you think? Do you plan to see it at the Kennedy Center? Let us know what you think of Hamilton in the comments section; we always love to hear your thoughts! And good luck!