Lace up that corset or don your best jerkin – it's Renfest time in Maryland!
As summer fades away, the sounds of bagpipes and merriment will fill the air on the fairgrounds in Annapolis. If you're looking for a bit of living history for your next family outing, or just love a giant turkey leg, head out for the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
WHEN: Various dates from August 24, through October 20, 2019 | 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
WHERE: 1821 Crownsville Road | Annapolis, MD
TICKETS: Available for purchase online here on August 1 | Adult tickets start at $20, Children's tickets start at $9, FREE for children under 7
What to Expect
Costumed townsfolk and actors will be providing top-notch entertainment and selling handmade arts and crafts. Delicious food and beverages will be available for purchase, so come hungry! If it's theater you crave, there will be performances of Shakespeare's works and a comedic troupe doing tongue-in-cheek versions of the bard's work as well.
Though not mandatory by any means, period dress is highly encouraged. Don't have your own tavern wench outfit? Not to worry! There are plenty of vendors just waiting to get you looking your Renfest best. At the very least, pick up a flower garland. If you're not quite ready to commit to your own Renaissance garb, there is even a costume rental booth!
Live music will be provided on stage and by wandering musicians. The schedule changes daily, so be sure to check the website for the featured artists on the day you're going.
Know Before You Go
- Tickets are non-refundable, and this event is rain or shine. You can always buy your tickets at the gate if you're worried about cancellations.
- Group rate discounts start at 20 people, so it's worth it to try and buy your tickets in bulk!
- Multi-day passes are available at a reduced rate as well.
- Cash is highly recommended for most crafters and all food vendors.
- You can bring food (but no coolers) and ONE sealed bottle of water per person. Bags may be checked upon entry.
For more information, visit the festival's official website.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the Maryland Renaissance Festival Facebook page.
Will you be attending Renfest this year? What are some of the best attractions and vendors? Let us know in the comments!