Keep calm and yoga on.
Starting the day with a rejuvenating yoga session is a sure-fire way to get your day going on the right foot. Take that experience up several notches by trying out Yoga on the Rocks at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Yoga on the Rocks is a beloved fitness event that many in Denver look forward to every year. The fitness classes are in high demand and there are plenty of options to choose from. Instructors from all over Denver vie to teach, and despite some alterations due to COVID-19, the beloved yoga experience is still available to anyone who wants to try.
Things to know before you go to Yoga on the Rocks:
- New safety precautions.
- Tickets are being sold online only to ensure a touchless experience. There are no drop-ins allowed this year, so please make sure you have a digital ticket before you go. No exceptions. Tickets can be resold or transferred through the Red Rocks Fan to Fan Marketplace on both the Red Rocks app and Flash Seats.
- Participants will be positioned in alternating rows to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Masks are required to enter but may be taken off once they have picked and set up in a spot.
- You are going to want to get there early.
- Classes are super popular, and with extra precautions being taken, it's a good idea to give yourself enough time to park, get to the class, and set up in a comfortable place, with enough room in between participants.
- Bring everything you need with you.
- This one is really important; water, sunscreen, yoga gear, etc., none of this is available on-site, so it has to be brought in.
- Be prepared for sudden weather changes.
- Wind, afternoon thunderstorms, hail, all of these can happen, even if the day started sunny and clear. Anytime you head out in Colorado it is a good idea to be ready for any kind of weather.
- Updated schedule and frequency of classes.
- Classes are offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 7 a.m., 8:30 a.m., and 10 a.m.
- Normally classes hold about 2,000 people, but this year, the limit is 175.
Yoga on the Rocks is presented by Denver Art's and Venues and River Yoga. One dollar from every ticket sold is being donated to Love Your Brain, a nonprofit that improves the quality of life for those affected by a traumatic brain injury.
August 30 is the last day for this event, according to the instructor calendar, so check it out while you still can!
Have you been to Yoga on the Rocks? What classes should we try? Let us know about your experience in the comments.