First came daffodils and tulips, now it's time for lavender! Celebrate this fragrant flower at Seven Oaks' annual festival, Summer Bloom Fest Deux.
You don't have to go all the way to Provence to experience the heady fragrance of lavender fields. Take the short trip out to Catlett, Virginia, to get your fill of these beautiful blossoms.
WHEN: June 29-30, 2019 | Session 1 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Session 2 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
WHERE: Seven Oaks Lavender Farm | 8769 Old Dumfries Road | Catlett, VA
ADVANCE TICKETS: $5 per adult, $3 per child aged 4-15 or $9 per vehicle (up to 8 people), FREE for children 3 and under | purchase online by May 30
REGULAR TICKETS: $7 per adult, $5 per child aged 4-15, or $14 per vehicle (up to 8 people), FREE for children 3 and under
How It Works
When you choose your tickets, you will pick either Session 1 (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) or Session 2 (2 to 6 p.m.). Arrive with your tickets printed out and enter the festival grounds at the farm. There is a bit of a walk from the parking area to the lavender fields, so let someone know if you have mobility issues.
For the four hours of your chosen session, you'll be free to roam the fields, pick your own lavender ($0.15 per stem), check out the baby bunnies at the bunny pen, and enjoy various arts and crafts. Make your own sachet for $5 with fresh lavender buds, sign up to create a lavender-themed painting for $15, or get your family portrait done out in the fields.
See the event website for a full list of the day's activities and sign up for workshops on site. Activities that require a registration fee can be paid for online before you head out.
Much of the food at the festival will be lavender-themed and you'll want to stock up, so come prepared with a shopping bag or a cooler in your car. Lavender biscuits with butter and jam? Yes, please! Lavender beer from Powers Farm Brewery? Don't mind if I do!
Know Before You Go
- Tickets will not be mailed to you. Print out your tickets or show your receipt on your phone when you arrive.
- Discounted advance-purchase tickets are only available until May 30, so buy yours sooner rather than later.
- Dogs are not permitted on the farm for the festival weekend.
- If you are unable to attend the festival, you can still visit the farm – check their website for passes and other farm events.
- There will be plenty of food and beverages available for purchase. Come hungry and try some of the seasonal lavender-flavored treats.
- Potted lavender plants will be available for purchase – take home part of the festival when you go!
For more information, including how to purchase tickets, visit the event website.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of Seven Oaks Lavender Farm.
Have you been to this local lavender festival at Seven Oaks Lavender Farm? What are the must-try fair foods and activities? Let us know in the comments!