Here's what's happening in Richmond's brewery scene this next week!
This week’s brew news brings in live music, a brewery crawl, Jeep meet-ups and shamrock shindigs. From Boulevard and Broad to Lakeside, Ashland, and Shockoe Bottom, things are going on all over town.
Monday, March 2
- Buskey Cider—The Bachelor 2020 Watch Party (8–10 p.m.)
- Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop (Leigh Street)—Homegrown Trivia at Starr Hill RVA (takes place weekly until March 30, at 7 p.m.)
- Three Notch’d RVA Collab House—Lunes Latin Lounge Latin international dance night in partnership with RVA Bachata (takes place weekly until April 6, at 7 p.m.)
- Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop—Harry Potter Trivia, 7–9 p.m.
Tuesday, March 3
- Basic City Beer Co.—Trivia Tuesday at 7 p.m. (takes place weekly until June 2)
- Buskey Cider—Trivia Tuesdays at 7 p.m. (takes place weekly until June 9)
- Garden Grove Brewing & Urban Winery—Music: Bluegrass jam, 7–10 p.m.
- Lickinghole Craft Brewery (Shockoe location)—Trivia Tuesday, from 7 to 10 p.m. (takes place weekly on Tuesdays)
Courtesy: Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall Facebook
- Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop—Enjoy craft brews and fusion tacos from Boka Taco at 4 p.m. (takes place weekly until March 31)
- Three Notch’d RVA Collab House—Pups and Pints at 4 p.m., bring your pup and enjoy $5 drafts (takes place weekly until December 8)
Wednesday, March 4
- Center of the Universe Brewing Company—SINGO music BINGO at 6:30 p.m. (takes place every 1st and 3rd Wednesday)
- Intermission Beer Company—Old Time Music Jam at 7 p.m. (takes place monthly on Wednesdays until June 3)
Courtesy: Isley Brewing Co. Facebook
- Isley Brewing — Open Mic Comedy Night: happy hour at 4, sign-ups at 6:30, and jokes at 7 p.m. (takes place weekly until March 25)
- Lickinghole Craft Brewery (Shockoe location) — Open Mic Night, from 6:30 to 10 p.m. (takes place weekly on Wednesdays)
- Origin Beer Lab (Ashland) – Lab Rats Mug Club at 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. Mug club members get a $1 off all drafts. Non-members can also enjoy lots of delicious brews. (takes place weekly on Wednesdays)
- Strangeways Brewing (Dabney Road) — Indoor/Outdoor Yappy Hour: happy hour is 4 p.m. until close; tasting goblet and to-go growler specials from 4 p.m. to close (takes place every Wednesday until Sept. 23)
- Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop (Leigh Street) — Kudzu Ramen at Starr Hill: comfort food and beer tastings, 5 p.m. (takes place weekly until March 25)
Thursday, March 5
- Canon & Draw Brewing Company—Trivia Night at 7 pm. (takes place weekly until March 19)
- Castleburg Brewery and Taproom—Thursday Trivia at Castleburg - Enjoy beer specials and show off your trivia skills, at 7 p.m.
- Intermission Beer Company—General Trivia Night at 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Isley Brewing—Isley Karaoke Night, 7–9 p.m. (takes place weekly on Thursdays)
- Origin Beer Lab (Ashland)—College Night, 4-9 p.m. Support the Randolph Macon Yellow Jackets with refillable black and gold stadium cups, while supplies last (takes place weekly on Thursdays). After 7 p.m., it’s 21 and over only.
- Three Notch’d RVA Collab House—To-Go Thursday, until 9 p.m. (takes place weekly until December 2)
- Vasen Brewing Company—Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night, at 7 p.m. (takes place weekly until April 23)
Friday, March 6
- Buskey Cider—Game Night, 7 p.m. (takes place every other Friday night)
- Courthouse Creek Cider (Scott’s Addition)—$10 Flight Fridays in the City at 4 p.m.
Courtesy: Intermission Beer Co. Facebook
- Intermission Beer Company—Jeep & Off Road Meetup—Join the Richmond off-road community and show off your ride, try some local brews and play Jenga, corn hole and more at 6 p.m. Co-hosted by River City Wranglers and Off-Road Militia (takes place every other Friday until August 7)
- Lickinghole Craft Brewery (Shockoe location)—Music: Jonathan Chadwick at 7:30–9:30 p.m.
- Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop—Music: Margarita and the Maracas, Latin music trio from 6:30—8 p.m.
- Tabol Brewing—RVA Bachata presents Salsa Fuego Friday at 7 p.m.—dancing and craft brews under the stars (takes place weekly until April 24)
Saturday, March 7
- Center of the Universe Brewing—6th Annual St. Paddy’s Day Party and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Porter release at noon
- Lickinghole Craft Brewery (Shockoe location)—Music: Elijah Righter at 7–9 p.m.
Courtesy: Three Notch'd Facebook
- Scott’s Addition Beverage District 2020 Collaboration Crawl—Try new releases (some are only available on this day) on a fun “crawl” around participating locations in Scott’s Addition. Pick up a Collab Crawl Card at any of the locations, have it stamped and enter to win prizes. Participating breweries include Three Notch’d, Vasen, Ardent, Blue Bee Cider, Black Heath Meadery, Strangeways, and many more, at noon to 10 p.m.
- Strangeways Brewing (Dabney Rd.)—Ale-N-Asana at 10 a.m.
- Strangeways Brewing (Dabney Rd.) – Music: RVA Growlers (U2 cover tunes), 7–10 p.m.
- Three Notch’d RVA Collab House—Sedona Taphouse food truck during the Collaboration Crawl, noon to 9 p.m.
- Virginia Wine Expo at Main Street Station from noon to 10 p.m.
Sunday, March 8
- Basic City Beer Co.—The Brewery Comedy Tour from 7 to 8:30 p.m.—Laugh along with this nationwide tour that features more than a dozen stand-up comics from New York and L.A.
- Center of the Universe Brewing—Beer, Bingo and Bloodies, 2–6 p.m. (takes place weekly on Sundays)
- Courthouse Creek Cider—Sanguine Cider Sunday at noon—Also known as cider bloody marys, sanguine cider is produced in collaboration with Back Pocket Provisions, a local company that supports family farms and sustainable growing (takes place weekly on Sundays)
Courtesy: Hardywood Park Facebook
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery—Shamrock Shindig & Run at 11:30 a.m.
- Intermission Beer Company—Volkswagen Meetup at 3 p.m. (takes place monthly on 2nd and 4th Sundays)
- Origin Beer Lab (Ashland)—Sunday Funday Half-Off Growlers from noon to 6 p.m. 32-ounce fills are $6, and 64-ounce fills are $10. Barrel-aged and specialty beers are excluded (takes place weekly on Sundays).
- Steam Bell Beer Works—River City Wranglers Jeep Meet-up (takes place second Sunday of each month until June 14)
- Vasen Brewing Company—Morning Flows with One Drop Yoga, 11 a.m. (takes place weekly until March 29)
- Virginia Wine Expo at Main Street Station from noon to 4:30 p.m.
What’s your favorite Richmond craft brewery event? Do you know of any upcoming events that we missed? Let us know in the comments!