Part of the fun of Mardi Gras is the sheer revelry before the start of Lent. What better way to kick of the season than with a Saturday trip to Breaux Vineyards for "Samedi Gras"?
Come for the tastings and stay for the bayou fun at this year's Samedi Gras celebration. Breaux Vineyards knows how to throw a party, that's fo' sho'!
Laissez les bons temps rouler! You'll feel like you're on Bourbon Street at Breaux's annual Samedi Gras Celebration, taking place this Saturday (Feb. 22) in our New Orleans style tasting room. Samedi Gras is a Saturday celebration of the traditional Mardi Gras, and a festive and lively event not to be missed! Space is limited and we encourage tickets in advance. (Link in bio for ticket sales) Enjoy fun dancing, festive beads, king cake and your favorite Breaux wines! Live music with the Daniel Kelly Trio and Voodoo Blues Cajun cuisine with Jambalaya Shack Fun photobooth with heckyeahphotobooth! Please note: All tickets will be held at the door– when you arrive you will check in with our host. Make sure you have your ID ready. Under 21 are permitted but not encouraged. We do not permit outside food in our indoor spaces, and please leave your pets at home. #SamediGras #LetTheGoodTimesRoll #Breaux #Cajun
- WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- WHERE: Breaux Vineyards | 36888 Breaux Vineyards Lane | Purcellville, VA
- TICKETS: $15 per person, plus tax | $12 per person, plus tax for Cellar Club members
- WEBSITE: Breaux Vineyards
Activities range from enjoying live music to savoring slices of king cake. Naturally, you're going to want to sample some of Breaux Vineyards' delicious Virginia wines, so make sure you have a designated driver. Thinking of entering the costume contest? Mardi Gras colors, feathers, and things that sparkle in the sun are bound to get you beaucoup votes.
If you've never been out there, Breaux is absolutely spectacular, with sweeping views and plenty of space to lounge around. Isn't it decadent to go to an event where the majority of your time will be spent sipping and relaxing?
Courtesy of Breaux Vineyards
The Voodoo Blues will be playing their own special blend of blues, soul, funk, and jazz during the event, and dancing is bound to break out. Don't be shy; that's the spirit of Mardi Gras coming through your feet!
Courtesy of The Voodoo Blues
Know Before You Go
- You must be 21 and older to purchase or consume alcohol at this event. IDs will be checked at the door.
- Visitors under 21 are permitted, but not encouraged, for this particular event.
- Pets are prohibited at the vineyard for the Samedi Gras festivities. Leave Fluffy at home, please!
- Cajun food will be available for purchase, so come hungry.
Are you part of the Breaux Cellar Club? What's your favorite annual event at this Virginia winery? Let us know in the comments!