Sample some of Virginia's best wines against the beautiful backdrop of the Mount Vernon estate. Make new friends at this memorable spring evening of history, live music, and wine.
Virginia wine, historic Mount Vernon, and beautiful sunsets – what could be better? Buy your tickets soon for this annual wine lover's festival – Saturday night is already sold out!
WHEN: May 17-May 19, 2019 | 6-9 p.m.
WHERE: Mount Vernon | 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway | Mount Vernon, VA
TICKETS: $48 per person for Friday, May 17 | $42 for Sunday, May 19 | Available online here
There will be live music each night to add to the festive atmosphere. On Friday, Sonyx will be playing, and Saturday's band is Bruce Ewan and the Solid Senders. On Sunday, David Bach Consort will take the stage.
Outside food is not permitted, but you can buy fruit and cheese boxes for $29.99. Just add one to your online ticket purchase before checking out. There will also be both hot and cold food available from The Mount Vernon Inn and the Alexandria Pastry Shop, so come hungry!
Know Before You Go
- The grounds of Mount Vernon are the perfect place for a sunset picnic. Don't forget a picnic blanket!
- There is plenty of free surface lot parking. Make sure you don't park in the tour bus parking lot or reserved tour bus street parking.
- Saturday tickets are already sold out!
- Outside food and beverages are prohibited.
- You must be at least 21 to purchase and consume alcohol at this event.
- Don't forget the bug spray – Mosquitoes may be out and about at this outdoor event.
For more information, visit the Mount Vernon event website.
**All photos in this article are courtesy of Mount Vernon.
Do you go to the Spring Wine Festival and Sunset Tour at Mount Vernon every year? Do you have any tips for first-timers? Let us know in the comments!