Constitution Avenue comes alive with springtime fun at this annual National Cherry Blossom Festival event. Balloons, music, and dancing will be on full display to celebrate the D.C. blossoms.
Make it an annual tradition to come out and see the colorful balloons and performers of the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. This giant D.C. spectacle takes over the streets in a sight you won't soon forget.
WHEN: Saturday April 13, 2019 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
WHERE: Constitution Avenue, from 7th Street NW to 17th Street NW
METRO: The closest Metro station is the Smithsonian stop.
TICKETS: FREE observation space from 9th and 15th Streets NW | Grandstand tickets are available for purchase online here.
What can you expect to see?
Giant helium balloons will fill the skies as live music keeps everyone dancing. Marching bands and local dancers, Redskins cheerleaders and celebrity guests -- everyone will be there for this parade!
For a full list of performers and sponsors, visit the parade website.
Know Before You Go
- The parade is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be issued once grandstand tickets are purchased.
- Grandstand tickets must be shown as paper printouts. They will not accept confirmation emails or digital tickets.
- Umbrellas are prohibited in grandstand seats -- don't forget a folding rain parka!
- No strollers are allowed in the grandstands so plan accordingly.
- Everyone sitting in the grandstands needs a ticket. The only exception is for babies under 2 who are sitting on a parent's lap.
- Parking will be extremely limited due to the parade route road closures. Your best bet is to take the Metro into the city.
For more information about this event, visit the parade website.
**All photos in this article are courtesy of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
Do you go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade every year? Do you have tips for first-time visitors? Let us know in the comments!