Looking for a family-friendly, in-person race this spring?
Head to Marine Base Quantico for this 5-miler! After a year of cancellations and virtual races, the Semper 5ive is a great way to get back out there. The deadline for enrollment is April 14, so act fast if you want to secure a spot.
Breaking news📢— Marine Marathon (@Marine_Marathon) March 3, 2021
Semper 5ive will be hosted live, in person on Marine Corps Base Quantico on May 15. Historic Half & Devil Dog Double will remain virtual events.
Grab one of the live entries. https://t.co/SZxQxotOEY pic.twitter.com/mYa2n0VRHx
Registration is just $45 per person, and it includes official timing results, a commemorative medal, and a technical race shirt. The course will weave all through the base, with a portion of it along the Potomac River.
Click here to reserve a spot online, and don't forget to check-in on base before race day to get your pass at the Visitor Control Center. Packet pick-up will be on May 1.
Courtesy of Marine Corps Marathon (via Facebook)
Know Before You Go
- Face coverings are required on all runners and staff before and after the race. Runners are urged to wear them when running if in close proximity to others, but it is not mandatory. A complimentary face mask is included in each runner's packet.
- No spectators will be allowed on race day, just registered runners.
- The course is 5 miles, with one water station at mile 2.6.
- First aid stations will be available on race day.
- The race starts promptly at 8 a.m., so leave a bit early to find parking on base.
Are you looking forward to live races this year? What do you have planned? Let us know in the comments.