These Dallas-area events are rife with holiday fun, beer, music & football
Photo credit: dfw.cbslocal.com
TEXAS CHRISTKINDL MARKET 2019
NOV 29 - DEC 22
NORTH PLAZA AT GLOBE LIFE FIELD, ARLINGTON
A crowd favorite since 2011, the Christkindl market has something for everyone. How about some ice skating, right here in Texas? Lots of food choices including gourmet chocolates, macaroons, gourmet jerky, bundt cakes, a wide variety of fresh bakery goods and a large assortment of German foods just to name a few. Of course some unique beer choices and Gluwein (yes, I had to Google that too, it's spiced wine.)
- The event is outside, so please dress accordingly
- Friendly dogs are allowed, but must be on a leash and please bring what you need to clean up after your pet
- Lots of unique gift ideas here, be sure to look around
- ATM's on-site and many vendors do accept credit cards
Photo credit: Holiday Lights Trolley Tour
HOLIDAY LIGHTS TROLLEY RIDE
GET DETAILS AND TICKETS
MOCKINGBIRD STATION, DALLAS
NOV 30 - DEC 24
This ride looks like a lot of fun at a reasonable price. All tickets are just $20! And you don't have to worry about the weather, the trolleys are heated. This is about a one-hour ride, departing from the bus lanes at Mockingbird Station in Dallas. Another thing making this economical is FREE PARKING... yes, at Mockingbird Station, surface and garage parking are FREE. This ride is a no-brainer and sounds like fun. Limited tickets are available, so I suggest to book early.
Photo credit: Plano Magazine
Plano Magazine Beer Walk at The Shops at Willow Bend
NOV 21 from 5:30 - 8:30 PM
This is your last chance in 2019 to enjoy 30+ beers at 12 different stops (well OK, maybe not all of them). Stop by, select your collective beer glass, and then right onto your tasting adventure! This event is hosted by Plano Magazine and the Shops at Willow Bend.
- It starts and ends relatively early, so please keep that in mind.
- There will be live music, so plan to enjoy
- This is a family-friendly event, so bring the kids and do some shopping
- Prizes will be given out at the end of the night, so check-in for that
- Check out the pop-up vendors (not sure what those are, but that could be interesting)
Other things to consider:
The Bomb Factory
NOV 20 - Jay Park Sexy4Eva World Tour GET TICKETS
NOV 21 - Todrick - Haus Party Tour GET TICKETS
NOV 23 - Cash Cash R3HAB GET TICKETS
Perot Museum of Science and Nature
Two exhibits of note, a special exhibit, "Fossils, the Cradle of Mankind" and the exhibit of "Expanding Universe Hall". There are two great films being featured as well, "Volcanoes-3D, The Fires of Creation" and "Superpower Dogs 3D".
Also, check out the fall Discovery Camp for Kids program on NOV 25 -25 GET DETAILS
Cowboys Watch Parties
Watch the Cowboys CRUSH the Patriots on Sunday, NOV 24th
- Miller Lite Cowboys Watch Party NOV 24th @ 1:30 INFO & RSVP
- Official Watch Party 9 Cowboys Way, Frisco GET TICKETS
- FREE EVENT Watch Party at Legacy Hall, Plano GET DETAILS
- YTAC @ Community Beer Company 1530 Inspiration Dr, Dallas GET DETAILS
- Lava Cantina at The Colony GET DETAILS
- Blends Daiquiri Lounge in Carrollton GET INFO
Photo credit: Railarchive.net
GRAPEVINE VINTAGE RAILROAD
750 S Main Street, Grapevine
TICKETS AND SCHEDULE
This is a 1920's era Victorian train ride and is part of the "Christmas Capital of Texas" festivities over the holidays. There are two locomotives in service, we have "Puffy", who is an 1896 steam locomotive and "Vinny", who is a 1953 GR-7 diesel locomotive. These trains run most of the year, but during the months of November and December they become the "North Pole Express". There are lots of different themes, dates and price points, starting at only $10, so I'd suggest to click on the tickets and schedule link above to get all of the latest details and to book early.
- The train boards 30 minutes before scheduled departure, so plan to arrive early.
- For late fall and winter, the coaches are heated, but still, bring a warm jacket
- The Christmas wine trains are adults only
- No outside food is allowed, but there are many choices aboard for only $1-$2 with cash or a credit card.
Some additional events in Grapevine would include Hometown Christmas (NOV 19-JAN 16), Messina Hof Wine on Tap (NOV 19) and the Monty Python Silly Walk (NOV 19). There's a ton of additional events, with a wide variety of themes and dates in Grapevine.