Carnival rides, musical performances, games and competitions—There's nothing like a trip to the State Fair of Virginia!
The annual State Fair of Virginia celebrates everything that makes the Commonwealth so wonderful. Located right off of I-95 between King's Dominion and Richmond, it's a pretty easy drive to get there. Bring the whole family out to experience all the fun!
You can marvel at the giant produce and livestock competitions, or just hang out by the main stage for some great live music. Local bands will share the space with national headliners so plan your trip to the fair accordingly; there's so much to see!
WHEN: September 27–October 6, 2019 | 10 a.m.–10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays | 10 a.m.–9 p.m. Sundays–Thursdays
WHERE: The Meadow | 13191 Dawn BLVD | Doswell, VA
TICKETS: Purchase advance tickets online here | $12 for adults (ages 13+) | $10 for youth (ages 5-12) and seniors (ages 60+) | FREE for children 4 and under
CARNIVAL TICKETS: $1 each | $20 for sheet of 25 | $25 per person for unlimited rides
PARKING: Free parking is available, or purchase Premium Parking for $15 here
WEBSITE: State Fair of Virginia
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook
While there are plenty of concerts and activities to check out, you should keep your eye on some of the perennial crowd favorites.
Sample unlimited craft beers at the Blue Ribbon Craft Beer Fest on October 5 from 2 to 7 p.m. You can buy a $30 ticket that includes fair admission or just go to the beer tasting for $20 per person. Just a thought—you probably want to hit the midway before you get to tasting.
The Sugar Hill Gang will be performing at 7 p.m. on September 27, and country duo Locash will be playing at 7 p.m. on October 6. Consider getting the $10 Blue Ribbon seating if you want to get up close and personal!
The Demolition Derby will be on October 6 at 4 p.m. All of the action will start with the popular Power Wheels Derby, so make sure you get a good seat!
Know Before You Go
- Ticket prices go up at the gate, so get them in advance online.
- You can also buy advance tickets in person at participating Publix stores while supplies last.
- Blue Ribbon seating is available for a VIP vantage point of some of the bigger shows and concerts. Purchase it online here for $10 per person for each performance or event.
- There are no refunds for tickets, but they can be transferred to another person if you can't make it.
- Discount days include $8 entry after 5 p.m. on Mondays and $8 entry on Tuesday, October 1. Farm Bureau members can get $5 off admission (limit 2) with their membership card and a coupon from the Farm Bureau at the Ticket Plaza
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the State Fair of Virginia Facebook page.
For more information, including a map of the festivities, head to the official State Fair of Virginia website.
Will you be going to the State Fair of Virginia this year? What are your favorite attractions and must-try treats? Drop us a line in the comments and let us know what tips you have for first-timers! We'll see you there!