Horror movie fan? This contest is perfect for you!
CableTV.com and HighSpeedInternet.com want to give one lucky "freak-o-phile" $1,000 cash to watch horror movies for 24 hours straight. The movie marathon will be live-streamed so that the world can watch along as the lucky winner scares themselves silly for an entire day and night. The person selected will have just the right mix of "creep credentials."
Here is what you need to know to enter:
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens 18 years of age and able to stay up all night.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be a BIG horror fan, no posers allowed.
- Prefer the cult films to blockbusters.
- Be able to stream 24 hours of horror movies (1,440 minutes, which is equal to about 12 to 16 full-length movies).
Fill out the entry form and survey here, and be prepared to write a 100-word or less statement about why you are a “horror-obsessed fan” who is the perfect fit for the job. Entries will be taken until October 19, at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be selected and notified one week after the contest closes.
The winner will receive a welcome pack with candy and a $50 Starbucks card and will be paid the $1,000 stipend after completing the 24-hour movie marathon. The chosen participant gets to pick their own playlist and streaming service; instructions for how to live stream the marathon will be provided so the entire world can watch in real-time.
What is your favorite Halloween film lineup to binge-watch? Let us know what you think about this horror-filled "job opportunity" in the comments.