Mondelez International, the company that owns Cadbury and Oreo, is offering you the sweetest deal of your dreams.
When I heard that the Cadbury, Oreo company is currently looking to hire someone part-time as a "Chocolate Taster," I had to pinch myself. They'll pay you ... to eat chocolate!
Um, can you say dream come true??
"You will work alongside approximately 11 Chocolate Tasters and a panel leader; sharing opinions and collaborating with others to reach an agreement on taste."
However, the company is based in Wokingham, England, so it'd be a big commitment. The job pays $14/hour and would be up to eight hours a week. There are currently four positions available.
A Chocolate Taster's main responsibilities include:
- Being able to taste chocolate products and giving objective and honest feedback
- Working within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborating to reach an agreement on taste
- Using a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aiding in the discrimination between products
- Being consistent in the results given
- Knowing the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raising questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; applying integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
No experience is required, as training will be provided, but there are certain qualities that are essential should they hire you, including a passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection; an eagerness to try new, inventive products; and a firm grasp of the English language, among others.
During the selection process, there'll be several "choco-challenges" that will test one's ability to detect the subtle differences in taste between various chocolates.
Also, not only will you get to eat a ton of delicious sweets, but in exchange for your hard work, the Mondelez International company will offer "an attractive benefits package" that includes a bonus scheme, vacation time, and more.
To apply for the position, please click here.
What do you think? Is this the job of your dreams? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!