Have a date that you really want to get right? Or just want to keep things with your significant other active and interesting?
Whatever the case may be, there are plenty of fun, fresh, and summery date options in Washington, D.C. Here are 11 ideas we love!
1. Take the water taxi to all four major access points along the Potomac River. Then spend some time at each of the four points.
2. Or if you’re into food on a boat, take one of these longer river cruises.
3. Share a pitcher of sangria and a blanket on the grass while listening to jazz in the sculpture garden.
4. Enjoy the patios of one of these restaurants. They were practically made for a warm summer evening and a bottle of wine!
5. Catch a show at one of these best comedy clubs in Washington, D.C. Make sure you both agree on the kind of humor you like (to minimize awkwardness!).
6. Explore all the artisan gems to be found at Eastern Market (on Saturdays and Sundays).
Courtesy of guestofaguest.com
7. Visit a farmer’s market and pick up food to make dinner for each other that night.
8. If you both like to cook (or would like to learn) take a cooking class together.
9. Sit outside at one of the beer gardens around the city. It’s a great way to learn your partner’s taste and stay cool in the heat.
10. Feel like a kid again and compete against each other at one of these arcade bars. But make sure your date is actually into this type of activity, though, before you surprise them with a night of arcades!
11. Spend time in nature at one of the many national parks here in D.C. Anacostia Park is a good place to start.
Courtesy of blog.visitalexandriava.com
Bonus: If you’re ready, spend a weekend away at these four destinations -- within driving distance of D.C.!
And if you’re low on cash, here are five free things to do (some overlap may occur) in D.C.
Do you have any D.C. tried-and-true date ideas? Share with us in the comments below!