Looking for a great deal this Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Good news: The folks at Wallethub have done a bit of homework for you, scanning 35 major retailers' Black Friday ads to determine who offers the best discounts on a wide range of representative items (from jewelry and apparel to electronics).
Here are the 10 best stores, in order of highest to lowest overall discounts by store:
1. Belk: 68.9 percent off
2. JCPenney: 65.1 percent off
3. Stage: 62.1 percent off
4. Kohl's: 60.8 percent off
5. New York & Company: 54.5 percent off
6. Payless ShoeSource: 50.3 percent off
7. Dick's Sporting Goods: 49.9 percent off
8. Macy's: 48.7 percent off
9. Fred Meyer: 45.3 percent off
10. Shopko: 45.2 percent off
If you don't have one of these stores near you, be sure to look online. Many of these discounts apply to both in-store and online sales across the entire Black Friday weekend.
Courtesy of Unsplash
In the category of consumer electronics, here are the average discounts for the top five retailers:
1. Fred Meyer: 51.96 percent off
2. Academy Sports & Outdoors: 46.28 percent off
3. Staples: 42.26 percent off
4. Belk: 41.32 percent off
5. Walmart: 39.61 percent off
The best deals on computers and phones can be found:
1. Lenovo: 40 percent off
2. JC Penney: 39.24 percent off
3. Office Depot/Office Max: 37.94 percent off
4. Target: 36.82 percent off
5. Kohl's: 35.82 percent off
Will you be heading to any of these stores? Do you have a Black Friday Survival Plan? Let us know in the comments below!