Furloughed federal workers who need to get out a bit of frustration can head to Break It in Fredericksburg for a free session.
Anger management comes in many forms. From therapy to deep breathing, people find calm in different ways. If your preferred method is to go Office Space-level crazy on an unsuspecting printer, then a rage room like Break It might be your dream come true.
What is a Rage Room?
Looking for a place to let off some steam? A rage room may be a good option if you like controlled chaos. This safe space provides clients with breakable items (think glass bottles, outdated tech, furniture, etc.), safety equipment, and the freedom to smash away.
Who can get a free session?
Currently furloughed federal employees (with ID) can email Break It for a free 5-minute session. This is a new offer, so act soon before they have to discontinue it!
If you're not a fed but would still like to try a rage room, book a 5-, 10-, or 15-minute session online. You can even book a Break It party for 60 minutes!
Where is Break It?
Break It is located at 4705 Plank Road in Fredericksburg, VA. If you want to check it out online, head to their Facebook page and watch a few videos about them.
Know before you go
- You must be 18 to smash stuff at Break It.
- You can bring your own high-octane playlist for your session; headphones will be provided at no additional charge.
- Recordings of your session are available. Don't try to record yourself and risk smashing your phone!
- There is no dress code, but don't wear open-toed shoes when you go!
- Sorry, ladies: pregnant women may not book a Break It room.
- You cannot bring your own items for the session -- Everything is arranged for your safety, so leave your ex's bowling trophy at home!
**All photos in this article are courtesy of Break It.
Have you ever been to a rage room? What was your favorite thing to smash? Tell us about it in the comments below!
A fellow Virginian used a flamethrower to melt the snow off of his driveway. Read all about it here!