The first-place winner will win a new laptop!
College students are invited to submit an essay explaining where their chosen course of study would be without the internet. The first-place winner of the contest will get a new laptop computer and money for books, while the second- and third-place winners will receive funds for books.
Courtesy of Allconnect
Things to know before you enter:
- Essays must be 500 words or less.
- Entrants must be residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- Open to those aged 18 years and over who are either currently enrolled or about to be enrolled as a part-time or full-time undergraduate/college student at an accredited, degree-awarding institution.
- The top three essays will be selected based on the creativity demonstrated in the essay and the quality of the writing.
- You can view the official rules, contest information, and enter online here.
- The contest deadline is September 14, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
Three winning essays will be selected, and those students will all receive an Allconnect swag bag and:
- The first-place winner with the highest score will receive a laptop valued at approximately $600 and a $250 VISA Rewards Card to use for the purchase of books.
- The second-place winner with the next highest score will receive a $500 VISA Rewards Card to use for the purchase of books.
- The third-place winner with the third-highest score will receive a $250 VISA Rewards Card to use for the purchase of books.
It's hard to envision not having the internet—especially these days when it's our lifeline to the world—but this contest wants students to take a step back and dive in a little deeper.
Where would YOU be without the internet? Sound off in the comments below.