Dreaming of wedding bells but still figuring out how to pay for it? This fall, Operation, I DO will be giving away a wedding to remember at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City.
In order to be eligible, the service member must be at a rank of E6 or lower, and the entry form must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2019. This contest is open to service members on active duty, stationed in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C.
Enter by uploading a brief statement about why you should be chosen to win the prize. You can also print out your entry and deliver it in person at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, to Ms. Carole Sala by 5 p.m. on May 24, 2019.
Suggested topics for your entry include:
- How much time you have spent apart due to deployments
- Hardships you have endured as a couple
- The impact of the military on your relationship
- Details about the partner's military service and why he or she joined
The final entry must also include your full name, rank, address, email, telephone number, and date of birth. The winning couple will be chosen on or around June 5, 2019.
What is Operation, I DO?
This dynamic partnership is a team effort from The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, celebrity chef Robert Irvine, and the USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore. Their mission is to provide a spectacular wedding for one deserving active military couple.
The Grand Prize
The winning couple will receive an incredible package for a November 10, 2019, wedding. Some of the components of this dream wedding include:
- On-site ceremony venue, if requested by couple
- Select wedding invitation (including addressing and postage), escort cards, and menu cards from Creative Parties
- Two (2) custom designed wedding bands by Belmont Jewelers
- Full wedding package to include hors d’oeuvres, gourmet dinner, four-hour open bar, house wine with dinner, and champagne toast. Three-course dinner created by celebrity Chef Robert Irvine and Executive Chef Sriram Hariharan of The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
- Wedding cake by The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City Pastry Chef Anabella Pru
- Floral decor by EDGE Floral Event Designers to include select ceremony, reception, and dinner flowers.
- Event décor to include linen, specialty chairs, and limited table design by Party Rentals, Ltd.
- Full wedding photography by Jack Hartzman Photography
- Videography by Suburban Video with final edited version
- Music by Bialek’s Music
- Complimentary makeup (including a trial session and day of makeup application) by Nordstrom
- Complimentary spa treatment for wedding couple, courtesy of Georgetown Allure
- Two-night stay in a suite at the hotel (November 9 and November 10, 2019)
Don't forget – Creativity counts! Pour your heart into your application and use everything you've got: a sense of humor, a great story, and why YOU deserve to win this wonderful prize.
To view the full contest rules and regulations, visit the contest website.
**All of the photos in this article are courtesy of The Ritz-Carton, Pentagon City.
Will you be entering the Operation, I DO contest? Know someone else who should? Tell us about them in the comments and don't forget to share this article!