Some of the best memories as a kid are created at summer camp. To inspire the creation of those treasured memories, we've compiled three of the coolest summer camps for your kiddos!
Registration for a majority of the camps has already started, but we've found a few that are still open for the summer! Check out the three different types of summer camps below and get your kiddos registered before it's too late.
Summer Safari Day Camp | Smithsonian's National Zoo
June 26 to August 18
There are 21 sessions (eight weeks) still open for the Safari Day Camp:
- Week One -- Extreme Animal Athletes | Golden Medal Tamarin | The Fast and the Furriest | Leapers Creepers
- Week Two -- One Fish, Two Fish | Paw Patrol | Defenders of the Zooniverse
- Week Three -- Conservation Nation
- Week Four -- Tall Tails | Animal-isms | Where the Wild Things Are | Zoo Vets: The Next Generation | Gross-ology
- Week Five -- Hunger Games | Diary of a Not-So-Wimpy Animal
- Week Six -- Transformers | Aquatic All-Stars | Calling All Cats
- Week Seven -- Zoo Vets: The Next Generation | Bone Detectives
- Week Eight -- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
[caption id="attachment_2242" align="aligncenter" width="1024"]
(courtesy of the Smithsonian's National Zoo website)[/caption]
Tickets: $400-$500 for non-members | $320-$400 for members
Your kids will explore the lives, habitats, and conservation of animals around the world. These week-long sessions will include hands-on activities, lessons, projects, experiments, and walks through the Zoo. Register here
. For more information, please click here
*Safari Day Camp is specifically designed for children in grades K-7, and each camp offered is restricted by grade level. Make sure your child is registered within the correct grade level.
Summer Acting Camps | The Theatre Lab School of the Dramatic Arts
June 26 to August 25
There are two sets of summer camps based off grade levels, with sub-groups in grades 1-5.
"Bravos" -- entering grades 1-2
"Encores" -- entering grades 3-5
There are four sessions available:
- Session Two -- Bravos - Shakespeare | Encores - Shakespeare
- Session Three -- Bravos - SOLD OUT | Encores - African Folktales
- Session Four -- Bravos - Famous Kids in History | Encores - Romani Folktales
- Session Five -- Bravos - Robots | Encores - Hawaiian Adventure
For more information on Grades 1-5, click here
[gallery columns="2" size="large" ids="2238,2237"]
There are two sessions available:
- Sessions Four/Five (Four Weeks) -- Performance Camp for Tweens | Creating a World Premiere
- Session Six (One Week) -- Improv/Theatre Games
For more information on Grades 6-8, click here
*Summer Acting Camps are specifically created for children in grades 1-5 and 6-8.
Spy Camp | International Spy Museum
July 24-28 and July 31-Aug. 4
There are two sessions for the Spy Camp:
Tickets: $455 for non-members | $415 for members
[gallery columns="2" size="large" ids="2236,2239"]
Aspiring KidSpy recruits will hone their skills, learn from real spies, and hit the pavement to run training missions. The recruits will need to go undercover with a disguise, make and break codes, discover escape and evasion techniques, create and use gadgets, and uncover the science behind espionage and spying. Camp fee includes a Summer Safari Day Camp baseball cap and water bottle, daily snack, and carousel ride.
*Spy Camp is specifically designed for agents aged 10 to 13.
Which camp will your child be registering for? What is your fondest summer camp memory as a kid? Share your stories with us by commenting below.
Featured image courtesy of the Smithsonian's National Zoo (Facebook).