It's One of the Most Important Tools
Few vehicles are as versatile, as capable, and as tough as the pickup truck and they're only getting better. The low cost of oil, new automotive technology, and strong consumer confidence are creating a perfect storm for innovation. And companies like Ford, General Motors, and Ram are all putting their best trucks forward to win over buyers. The only question, which pickup is the right one for you?
Let's go through the pros and cons of each offering:
GMC Sierra 1500
- Two V8s to choose from including one that features best in class horsepower (420 hp 6.2L V8).
- The tailgate is a tool in and of itself.
- Updated styling.
- Denali Trim W/Magnetic Ride is bliss.
- Interior reminiscent of last generation.
- Only able to tow up to 12,100 lbs.
- Lots of engines to choose from.
- Raptor Trim Level, unlike any other offering.
- Able to tow up to 13,200 lbs with Max Trailer Tow Package.
- Only minor updates to the interior, if any.
- Only minor changes to the exterior.
- Turbochargers are just another unit to replace.
- Completely new design.
- Hemi grunt.
- Coil Spring rear suspension.
- Touchscreen infotainment takes your eyes off the road.
- Gets expensive quick with options.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Two V8 options to choose from (same as Sierra).
- Can tow up to 12,500 lbs.
- Easy-to-use infotainment system.
- Interior hardly seems updated.
- Ride not as compliant as the others.
If it were up to us, we'd have to choose the Sierra 1500 for its refinement, its proven track record, its easy-to-use tech, its tailgate that's smarter than the others, and that 6.2L powerplant that just gives you that honest and intoxicating V8 experience.
What are your thoughts? Which of the new trucks do you think is best and why? Let us know in the comments below!