Driving in Maryland can be a cross between a NASCAR race and the worst chase scenes in "Mad Max." Have you ever seen any of this out on the road?
You have to admit that at one point or another, we've all had the same thought: Maryland drivers are HORRIBLE. Whether they're riding on your butt like they're trying to read your dashboard or they're not letting you into a merge lane, they make themselves known out on the roads.
Get out of the way—there's a Maryland driver coming through!
1. Parking lines are just vague suggestions.
2. Some of them tend to multi-task.
3. They can be just so mean sometimes!
4. The whole "I'm-never-going-to-let-you-in-my-lane" mentality is everywhere.
5. They block the box.
6. Tailgating is a big thing. High beams are just another way of expressing yourself.
Why does it seem that whenever I drive somewhere at night nowadays, there has to be at least one person who has to tail me with their high beams on? Am I alone here? Is this just a Maryland thing?#marylanddrivers #DRIVING #ohgodmyeyes— Zachary S. Cauler (@ZacharyS_Cauler) May 27, 2018
Why yes, I am keeping the bike rack on my car in the winter months as a passive aggressive way to keep motorist off my ass. #marylandDrivers— Gingles Lolobridgida (@geezthings) January 4, 2020
7. The shoulder is another lane here, apparently.
To the #jackass who flew up the shoulder, cut me off while I was trying to switch lanes LEGALLY, and almost hit me...those white lines painted on the highway are there for a reason. Use them. #MarylandDrivers #TheWorst #MDDriversAreTheWorst #DCMetro #DCDrivers #DC #RoadRage— ForPracticalitysSake (@jenniferkateFPS) December 12, 2018
8. It's so bad, even the signs have to address the unsafe driving.
Did we miss any of your biggest pet peeves about Maryland drivers? Sound off in the comments if we did!