Woodbridge market fans will find their local farmers at the Prince William County Complex for most of the summer.
After months of being closed at their usual location off Dale Boulevard, the Dale City Farmers' Market has found a new home by the old Potomac Nationals' stadium. This temporary relocation allows for increased social distancing among the vendors' stalls, as well as additional parking.
This vibrant market is open each Sunday and features fresh local produce, plants, and prepared foods. It has only been open for a few weeks, and vendors are eager to show you their goods.
- WHEN: Sundays, 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. | June and July 2020
- WHERE: Prince William County Complex | 1 County Complex Court in Woodbridge, VA
- WEBSITE: Dale City Farmers' Market
When you arrive at the County Complex, keep to the right, and follow the signs to the market. You can park right next to the lot where the vendors are set up, or head to the overflow parking on the other side. Make sure you follow the signs to the designated entry point.
Know Before You Go
- Vendors will pick up and bag your produce for you. Just point to what you want.
- Face coverings must be worn unless you are medically unable to do so. Children aged 2 and under are also exempt.
- Reusable bags are prohibited right now. Vendors will provide you with single-use bags for each purchase.
- Most of the vendors take credit and debit cards. Try to use cash as little as possible.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced by market managers; stay at least six feet apart from other shoppers. Market staff may ask people to wait in line before entering if the shopping area gets too crowded.
For more information, visit the farmers' market website. Organizers anticipate that the market will be set up at this temporary location at least through the month of July.
*The photos in this article are by Sarina Petrocelly.
Are you a big fan of this Woodbridge market? Who are some of your favorite vendors? Let us know in the comments!