In an effort to keep both customers and employees safe in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, Home Depot is making some changes.
Retailers across the country are adapting their business models to keep the community safe during the fight against COVID-19. Now Home Depot is making some changes, too.
Temporarily, Home Depot will shorten store hours, limit the number of customers allowed in the store at a time, allow for free store pick-up, and limit installation services. They also warn that delivery services may be delayed (same-day is suspended until further notice) and some inventory (such as personal protective equipment, or PPE) may be out of stock as shipments to healthcare providers have been prioritized.
Here are all the details on the changes, directly from the Home Depot website:
- STORE HOURS – In order to give our teams the time needed to restock, clean and sanitize their store, The Home Depot stores will be closing at 6 p.m. daily until further notice. Our store opening hours remain unchanged.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – We’re promoting the practice of social and physical distancing in our stores and distribution centers. As a result, your store may limit the number of customers allowed inside at any given time.
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY – While prioritizing shipments of essential supplies to healthcare providers, our supply chain team is focused on restocking inventory safely and quickly. Please note that most of our personal protective equipment inventory is being donated to hospitals and first responders, so these items may be unavailable in stores and online.
- FREE STORE PICKUP – Millions of items are eligible for free store pickup, and many can be ready within a few hours. Due to the high volume of orders being processed, pickup times may be delayed in some cases. Please wait to receive an email or text notification before going to the store to pick up your order.
- DELIVERY SERVICES TO YOUR HOME – Delivery of online orders remains available, although there may be delays due to high demand and inventory availability. We are currently offering limited next-day and 2-day delivery services for online orders; same-day delivery services have been suspended until further notice. Threshold delivery (across first doorway) is available on a limited basis – options will be explained at checkout.
- INSTALLATION SERVICES – In some areas, we are limiting installation services to those customers in need of essential maintenance and repairs. If you have a previously scheduled installation or other in-home services that you wish to reschedule or postpone, we will be happy to do so.
What do you think of Home Depot implementing these changes? Have you shopped at Home Depot since the coronavirus outbreak began? What other stores are taking similar measures? Tell us in the comments!