Don't forget to pick up some black-eyed peas for good luck!
Aside from the whole Y2K ordeal, this New Year's Day is probably the most widely anticipated one of all time. Everyone's ready to leave 2020 behind them—and while we still have a couple of tough months ahead, there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel now that the first vaccines have arrived.
Whether you need to make an emergency mimosa supply run or whip up a hangover cure on January 1, we've got you covered. The following stores are all open on New Year's Day for your shopping needs. Hours may vary by location, so always call to double-check before you head out.
- Publix — Most locations will be open until 9 pm.
- Kroger — Some stores may have adjusted holiday hours.
- Walmart — Regular business hours
- Safeway — Regular business hours
- Whole Foods — Most locations have adjusted holiday hours. You can find your local store's info here.
- Target — Regular business hours
- Albertsons — Most will have adjusted holiday hours.
- Hy-Vee — Regular business hours
- Stop & Shop — Regular business hours
Trader Joe's, Sam's Club, Costco, and ALDI will all be closed on New Year's Day.
- CVS —Many will have adjusted holiday hours, especially for pharmacy departments.
- Walgreens — Some will have adjusted holiday hours, especially for pharmacy departments.
- Rite Aid — Regular business hours
- 7-11 — Most stores will be open 24/7, but some locations may vary.
- Wawa —Some may have adjusted holiday hours.
- Circle K —Regular business hours
Plenty of large retailers will be open on New Year's Day as well, including Lowe's, Macy's, TX Maxx, and more. If you plan on going shopping, be sure to practice social distancing and wear a face mask!
What are your plans for New Year's Day? Do you have any resolutions for 2021? Let us know in the comments!