Your return is going to be a lot easier—you won't even need to leave the house!
With the holidays, come gifts. And then comes the dreaded season of returning the duplicate toy sets, that misfitted sweater, the list continues. To ease the pain of returning gifts and make the stores less crowded, Walmart has initiated a new service called Carrier Pickup by FedEx. Customers can now return items purchased online (sold and shipped by Walmart only) from the comfort of their homes.
"No matter how customers buy items, we want the returns experience to be easy, safe and seamless," said Linne Fulcher, vice president for customer strategy, science, and journeys at Walmart U.S.
The new return policy is not just meant for the holidays, it will extend beyond the season!
How does Walmart's return policy work?
The Carrier Pickup process is pretty simple:
- Log into your Walmart account on Walmart.com or the app
- Raise a return request for the selected items
- Select Carrier Pickup
- Choose a pickup date
- Pack your return item, print and attach the label, and it's ready for pickup
In case you don't have a printer at home, here's what you need to do:
- Select "Drop off at FedEx" as the return method
- Get a return code / QR code
- Take the package along with the code to any nearby FedEx Office
- FedEx will scan the QR code, print a free return label, attach it to the box, and ship it back to Walmart for free
If you still prefer an in-person return process, here are the new changes:
- Following social distancing guidelines, Walmart has now opened alternate return locations to speed up the return process.
- Don't worry if you've lost the receipt. The items can be now be returned using your purchasing debit/credit card!
"No matter where customers bought items, in-store, online, or from a third-party vendor, customers can start their return online via the Walmart app or on Walmart.com. If customers don't have a Walmart account, they can also type or click www.walmart.com/startreturn," said the company, easing up the return procedure.
Walmart is also working on speeding up the refund time frame. Customers can now expect a refund within a day their returns were scheduled or even the same day in case of in-person returns.
To know more about the company's processes and updated policies, click here
What do you think of Walmart's new return policy? Share your thoughts in the comments below.