Eight stores in Maryland and Virginia will begin liquidating on Friday, Mar. 6, 2020.
If you’re in the market for some new furniture, you may be able to get some deals this weekend. Eight Wolf Furniture stores on Maryland and Virginia will be closing permanently, beginning the process of liquidating inventories this weekend. The stores are owned by Art Van Furniture, a conglomerate that owns several brands of furniture stores in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Maryland, and Virginia.
Rumors of closures by the furniture conglomerate have been circulating since last year, as companies deal with the challenges of operating brick-and-mortar retail stores.
"Despite our best efforts to remain open, the Company's brands and operating performance have been hit hard by a challenging retail environment," said Diane Charles, Art Van Furniture spokesperson. "We recognize the extraordinary retail, community and philanthropic legacies that Art Van Furniture has built for decades in the community.”
Art Van Furniture stores in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, and Ohio will also be closing. Formerly Gardiner Furniture, the Maryland locations were acquired by Wolf Furniture in 2015. The Wolf Furniture stores in Pennsylvania and Ohio will remain open and will be re-purchased by the former owner, Robert Levin of Levin Furniture.
Here is a list of stores in Virginia and Maryland that will begin liquidating on Mar. 6:
- Bel Air, 2400 E Churchville Rd. Bel Air, Md.
- Catonsville, 6415 Baltimore National Pike Catonsville, Md.
- Frederick, 1215 West Patrick Street Frederick, Md.
- Hagerstown, 900 Premium Outlets Blvd. Hagerstown, Md.
- Pasadena, 8038 Ritchie Hwy. Pasadena, Md.
- Towson, 1530 E. Joppa Rd. Towson, Md.
- Westminster, 1030 Baltimore Blvd. Ste. 110 Westminster, Md.
- Leesburg, 131 Fort Evans Rd. N.E. Leesburg, Va.
Warranties may not be honored on previous or future purchases at these stores.