Have you tried one of the 26 Colorado beers on this list?
In its first-ever virtual event, the Great American Beer Festival awarded 272 medals to 240 breweries last Friday, October 16. In its 34th year, the festival moved virtually due to restrictions surrounding the pandemic. It's typically held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
More than 1,700 breweries entered more than 8,800 beers from all 50 states, including Washington, D.C. After 18 days of judging, the awards ceremony was broadcast on the Brewing Network on Friday. Passport holders had access to two days of virtual programming, including guided tastings, experiences with brewers and musicians, and more.
Of the 272 medals awarded, 26 Colorado beers took home an award, and eight took home the gold in their respective categories:
- Fruit Wheat Beer: Liliko'i Kepolo, Avery Brewing, Boulder
- Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer: Amburana Dream, Denver Beer Co., Arvada
- American Amber Lager: Volksbier Vienna, Wibby Brewing, Longmont
- German-Style Maerzen: Amber's Lager-Amber Lager, Irwin Brewing Co, Crested Butte
- American-Style Pale Ale: Featherweight Pale Ale, Cannonball Creek Brewing Co., Golden
- Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale: Moon Haze, Blue Moon Brewing Co., Denver
- Irish-Style Red Ale: Balefire Irish Red, Mirror Image Brewing Co., Frederick
- German-Style Altbier: Howitzer Amber, Red Leg Brewing, Colorado Springs
Check out the full list of winners here.
Have you tried any of these award-winning beers? Leave a comment below!