40-year-old Ronald Roldan is being held in Loudoun County, Virginia on no bond.

Almost a decade following her disappearance, a man has been charged in the case of missing Virginia woman Bethany Decker.

WTOP reported Ronald Roldan, who was Decker's live-in partner, was extradited to Virginia on Tuesday following the completion of a prison sentence in North Carolina. Loudoun County authorities secured an arrest warrant on November 10, which was the date set for his release. Currently, he is being housed at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center with no bond.

“We received notice from the Sheriff’s Office that they have obtained a warrant for Ronald Roldan for the abduction of Bethany Decker,” Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney Buta Biberaj said.

Abduction is a Class 5 felony in the state of Virginia. Those found guilty face up to 10 years in prison.

The 21-year-old woman vanished in January 2011 and was reported missing a month later following suspicious activity found on her social media accounts. Authorities say Roldan was the last person to see her at their apartment building in Ashburn, Virginia. Decker was five months pregnant and married to National Guardsman Emile Decker, who was stationed in Afghanistan. Reports suggest the couple had a rocky marriage, and prior to going missing, the couple had vacationed in Hawaii while Decker was on leave.

According to investigators, documents found that Decker described Roldan as "controlling and abusive" to friends and family. Three years later, in 2014, he attacked girlfriend Vicky Willoughby with a firearm at her home in Pinehurst, North Carolina. She fought back in self-defense and though she survived the violent encounter, she lost an eye. He pled guilty in 2016 on two reduced counts of felony assault and was sentenced to between 72 to 99 months in prison. Following his conviction, U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement discussed deportation proceedings to Bolivia after serving his time.

No remains have been recovered since Decker vanished, as well as forensic proof of murder. Loudoun County officials say that Roldan, now 40, stopped speaking to law enforcement about the case, and up to this point, had not been considered a person of interest.